Saturday, March 1, 2014

Five Favorites

I thought I would interrupt my Whole30 posts (you're welcome) to tell you about some things I've been loving lately.



1. My Infusion Pitcher




I bought this infusion pitcher from Bed, Bath, and Beyond years ago but have never used it more than I have the last week. I drink a ton of water, but unless I'm at a restaurant (for some reason), I do not necessarily like drinking plain water.  (And lately, I just don't want to due to Des Moines' water issues.) For the past several months, I have been flavoring my water with Mio Energy during the school day and just regular Mio at night. Obviously, Mio is not compliant with Whole30 guidelines, so I had to turn elsewhere for flavoring.

Enter: infuser pitcher.

I have not yet tried the water that is currently infusing, but for the past week, I have been drinking nothing but lemon-infused water, and it has been awesome. Not only does it hydrate me and quench my thirst, but it also serves as a palette cleanser (and, hopefully, somewhat as a breath freshener), as gum is not Whole30-compliant.

2. Coconut Milk



Have y'all tried coconut milk? It is so good. So far I have only used it in coffee as "cream and sugar," but I know I'll be using it in many recipes to come. Even when my Whole30 is "over," I will keep using this in coffee, as it is so much better than the almond milk and stevia that I have been using. Try it. It's awesome.

3. La Croix




The only things I have been drinking over the last six days have been water and coffee mixed with coconut milk. Last night when I went to Trader Joe's, I bought a few random cans of La Croix to mix things up a bit. I know it's "just water," but it felt like a real treat last night when I sipped it after dinner. So far I've only tried the coconut kind (and loooooooooved it), but I have a few more to sample this week.

4. Bubble Bath

Please ignore the gross caulking job. (I said "caulk." Tee hee.)

I have not taken a bath in years due to some major skin issues and allergies, but I have just said screw it for the past couple of weeks and have taken a bubble bath probably every other night. This is the absolute best bubble bath in the world: Aromatherapy Luxury Bath, Lavender Vanilla from Bath & Body Works. It's a little pricey, but it is so worth it, y'all. It bubbles like crazy, and it leaves my skin super moisturized.

As you can likely see from this picture, I'm pretty much out and need to head to the mall, stat.

5. Bluetooth Speaker



When I (finally) upgraded my phone, the guy at Verizon convinced me to trade in my iPhone 4 for a $100 credit in accessories. Since I needed a car charger anyway, I figured, why not? I didn't want to buy an ugly case from the Verizon store, so I still had a lot of money to spend on accessories. The dude suggested this Jam Plus wireless bluetooth speaker, and while at first I thought it was stupid, I then realized I didn't need anything else, so again, why not?

This is one of my most favorite things. I keep it in the living room, carry my phone wherever I want in my apartment, and rock out while I'm cooking or chill out while I'm enjoying the aforementioned bubble bath. It has great sound quality and can get really loud. I can already envision taking this bad boy on vacations to listen to music in hotel rooms, to the beach for some summer tunes, to my classroom for portable sound, etc.


I hope you enjoyed a few of my favorite things! See you later for a recap of my fun-filled day and a look back on Whole30, Day 6!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment