Monday, March 10, 2014

Whole30 -- Day 15

I am so seriously exhausted.

Source
This could totally be me in approximately ten minutes -- or now if I stopped typing and just sat here.

Work was kind of busy today, and then I had to go to a dentist appointment. Last time I went to the dentist, it was to get a cavity filled, and the Novocain didn't work. So, I could feel every single thing that she was doing. Eventually, she stopped to give me more Novocain, but when that didn't work, she had to do a white filling instead of the silver so that she could stop drilling early.

(Apparently redheads -- or people like me with red undertones -- do not respond like normal human beings to anesthesia or local pain blockers like Novocain.)

Needless to say, even though it was just a preventative cleaning, I was dreading the dentist today.

While it ended up being an okay visit, I was there for over an hour, had to get a bazillion x-rays taken (turns out that I have some sinus issues that are causing my upper left jaw to hurt), and now have super sore teeth.

When I got home from the dentist, I did dishes and then cooked and ate dinner. I'm currently trying to decide if I want to do the rest of the dishes when I sign off of here or if I should go to bed instead. I'm not going to lie: bed is sounding like the better option, and it's not even 8:00 yet.

Breakfast:


Wow, it looks so different than normal.

My mom made this for dinner tonight and said that after my dad tried it before heading out to a meeting, he said that they should have it again for dinner tomorrow. One of my best childhood friends (who's now in Seattle) said that she made a variation of it for dinner last night and loved it, too.

It's quite the hit, let me tell you! If you haven't made it yet, hop to it!

Lunch:

I actually wasn't super hungry for breakfast, so I only ate a portion and then finished the rest for lunch. I also ate my apple and a bit of leftover chicken, spaghetti squash, and asparagus, but it just wasn't doing it for me.

As a result, I was pretty hungry come dinner time.

Dinner:

Quite a lovely picture, huh? What a boring-looking meal.
Tonight I made Spicy Coconut Shrimp, roasted sweet potato with rosemary sea salt and pepper, and roasted asparagus. It was pretty tasty, but I think next time I'll just cook the shrimp normally and dump the coconut mixture on top. It was pretty laborious (and super messy) trying to dunk it in the egg whites, plop it in the dry stuff, make sure it was properly coated, etc. The flavor was good, but it was a lot of work.

On another note, I think I ate too many carbs (i.e. two sweet potatoes) today. Oops.

Physical: As I mentioned, I am so ridiculously tired. I think some of it has to do with the time change, but I think the rest of it has to do with a number of factors: the is-it-or-is-it-not period, the fact that I didn't sleep super well last night, and the issue of me not eating exactly what I should be (i.e. enough at each meal -- dinner last night, breakfast and lunch today). So, I'm going to crash very, very early tonight.

Emotional: I have been a bit irritable today, and again, I think that has to do with a number of things: I'm tired, my lady bits can't make up their mind, I was dreading the dentist, etc. Tomorrow is a new day.

Cravings: Other than really, really wanting someone to come and do my dishes for me, I'm good. :)

Source

G'night, y'all!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I’m sorry that you had to suffer on your last dental appointment, Emmy. I think you better talk to your dentist for your next appointment. You don’t have to fear the dentist. You just have to find someone who’ll understand your resistance to anesthesia. I hope you’ll be able to maintain your healthy teeth to avoid invasive dental procedures. :)

    Stephen T. E. Malfair

    ReplyDelete