Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Whole30 -- Day 16

Today was another long day. The plan was to work, watch mindless TV for a couple of hours since I haven't done that in a really long time, cook, eat, write, head to bed.

Instead, one of my friends/co-workers came over for a nice chat and ended up staying for dinner, and then my amazingly awesome student teacher came over for dinner as well.

While it was not the relaxing night I had planned, it was a wonderful evening with good girlfriends, and for that I am incredibly thankful.

But now it's late, and I need to head to bed. So, let's get down to business!

Breakfast:


Who would've thought that scrambled eggs and blueberries would go together so well? Apparently Steph at Stupid Easy Paleo.

Whenever I'm not in the mood for my usual breakfast, I mix up a heaping serving of this bad boy and snarf it down in approximately 30 seconds. It's super tasty. (While I generally prefer savory breakfasts, I really like the subtle sweetness that the blueberries offer in this particular dish.)

That sounded kind of like a legit recipe critic, huh? Score.

Lunch: I didn't take a picture of it (my apologies, dear readers), but I had leftover Spicy Coconut Shrimp, sweet potato rounds, and asparagus and, of course, my daily apple.

Dinner:

Along with the Korean Short Ribs I made the other day, this might be one of my favorite Whole30 dishes: Moroccan Meatballs with Cauliflower Rice and green beans with crushed red pepper.

The dinner took a bit of time to come together, but none of it was difficult: just a bit of chopping, combining spices, shaping balls (tee hee), stirring veggies, etc. The thing that took the longest was the actual cooking, the simmering. So, if you make this (which you all totally should, even you, Mom), just make sure you have a bit of time reserved for it.

Physical: I'm feeling good. While I woke up still tired and wanting to sleep more, I feel like my energy has been pretty darn good all day. Even now, I'm not super tired, which is kind of starting to worry me. I need to sleep!

One thing I'm a little worried about is the fact that I don't feel like I've lost weight. I mean, like I said before, I feel like my face looks a bit thinner and that my legs are feeling a little tighter, but I don't feel like my clothes are fitting too much differently. I haven't stepped on the scale (and I'm not going to until Day 31) so can't be certain, but I just don't feel like I've dropped crazy pounds.

And, I don't know how I couldn't lose weight. I am eating so much more healthfully than I ever have in my entire life, I'm drinking nothing but water and coffee (no booze!), etc. I should be dropping pounds left and right.

Maybe that comes later...I will not give in to the restraint bias that was discussed in my daily Whole30 email. (Interestingly, the article I linked to was the exact email that I received in my inbox. I wonder if Whole30 is aware of the blatant plagiarism that is happening out there. Yikes.)

Emotional: I'm doing well today! I was a bit irritable this morning, but I'm 100% a-okay now. I'm feeling good!

Cravings: Nada! It was so funny: my friend/co-worker came over this evening with a bottle of red wine (my favorite) and a box/bag of Milano cookies. At first, the cookies looked really good. I mean, they're cookies! Really, the issue was that I was just hungry. I had a few macadamia nuts and was just fine and didn't think twice about the cookies -- or the wine. My nuts (tee hee), La Croix, and I were just fine on the other side of the table.

Clearly my immaturity is running full force tonight. Maybe that's a sign that I am a bit tired (since I am a lot punchy).

See you tomorrow, friends!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Keep it up! You may not be losing weight, but you probably are. Just remember, the health benefits are so much more meaningful than the number on the scale! Keep on truckin'.

    Lacey - Whole9 Administrative Assistant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the feedback, Lacey. I am definitely going to keep on truckin', likely for a lot longer than the 30 days. I feel really, really good -- I am just looking forward to when my body starts catching up to my mind. :)

      Delete