Sunday, March 30, 2014

A Quickie

I am all about the awesome post titles this week, huh?

As long as I crack myself up...

This morning, I left you all waiting with bated breath regarding the cost of groceries this week. Wait no more, friends: I spent a total of $103 at Trader Joe's and Hy-Vee. Truthfully, I thought it was going to be a lot more since I had to grab quite a bit of meat as well as some staples (spices, arrowroot powder, etc.), so I'm pretty pleased with just over $100.

Today was good:

  • I was interviewed (by a Drake journalism student) about this ol' blog
  • I went grocery shopping with BFF
  • I lounged around this afternoon and caught up on Parenthood since I passed out in the middle of it last night
  • I went out to dinner with Mags
Oh, and I did this:



Mags, Linds, and I went to see Jillian Michaels at her Maximize Your Life tour. (This was pretty much the best data team meeting ever. I love those girls so much and am so thankful they're in my life.)

I know this may surprise all of you, but this is what I did during her two-hour presentation:


Both Mags and Linds made fun of me for being that girl, but Mags totally asked me for my copies of my notes. Yessssssssssss! I seriously think I took about 10 pages, and I'm so thankful I did: say what you want about Jillian Michaels, but she was so inspirational, so motivational, and so real.


I got a lot out of her speech, and I promise to share it all with you sometime in the next couple of days.

Also, I totally have a girl crush. She has the most smokin' hot bod I've ever seen, and I want her perfect hair. That is all.

Since I am going to wake up at 4:30 tomorrow for kickboxing, I'm going to wrap this up quickly tonight.

Breakfast:


Paleo Oatmeal. Yum.

Lunch:


Leftover Shrimp Fried "Rice." Yum.


Apple with almond butter. Yum.

Side note: I was quite hungry today. I wonder if my lack-of-appetite-after-working-out hits me the next day. I hardly ate anything yesterday for the amount of running that I did (simply because I wasn't hungry), but today I was quite famished.

Dinner:


Sesame-Crusted Tuna Salad w/ Spinach, Cashews, Oranges, & Spinach (from Star Bar). YUM.

I have frequented Star Bar more than any other restaurant in Des Moines, but I have never gotten this salad (probably because I'm always so focused on ordering something that comes with Star Fries -- seasoned tater tots in the shape of stars).

This was seriously ridiculously good (the citrus vinaigrette was to die for), and I envision myself going there much more frequently (if that is even possible) now that I know that it exists.

I hope you all had a wonderful and restful weekend, and I will "see" you bright and early tomorrow morning!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment