Friday, March 7, 2014

Whole30 -- Day 12

Happy Friday, friends!

I'm going to make this short and sweet so that I can get to that bumpin' party my Netflix watchin'.

Breakfast:


Hey look! A new vantage point of the breakfast I eat every. single. day. Today, though, it's a bit different, I guess. I first chopped up an entire sweet potato and sauteed it in a bit of coconut oil. I then added my chopped green pepper, shrooms, and jalapeno to the skillet. When all of that looked pretty much done, I scrambled in two eggs. I topped all of it with -- you guessed it -- Trader Joe's salsa. I meant to add half an avocado as well, but I totally spaced.

Lunch: Oops, no picture. If you want to know what it looked like, flip back to yesterday's post, look at what I had for dinner, and imagine that all thrown together in a cheap Tupperware container. Oh, and add an apple (as a side dish, not in the Tupperware).

Dinner:


This came together in approximately 30 seconds.

Okay, okay, it may have taken more like five minutes to put together and 15 minutes in the oven, but it was still a really fast and easy dinner. I squirted lime juice on a salmon filet, covered it in salt and chili powder, and popped it in the oven for about 12-13 minutes at 400 degrees.

While that was cooking, I steamed a bag of frozen green beans and sauteed some veggies that I had to get rid of: sweet peppers, mushrooms, and spinach.

If anyone has great veggie recipes that you think I'd like, please pass 'em my way! I'm getting a bit veggie-d out (as in I'm sick of Brussels sprouts, one of my favorites).

Physical: As far as nutritionally, I'm feeling good. I have noticed a bit of a difference in digestion, as in when I have to go to the bathroom, I have to go to the bathroom. Sorry for the TMI, but I'm just trying to be as honest as possible.

Unrelated to nutrition, I feel like I could potentially be getting a bit sick. Pretty much everyone I know -- best friend, good friends, student teacher, ex-boyfriend, the hundreds of students I encounter on a daily basis -- has been sick in the past couple of weeks (a lot of bronchitis and stomach flu). I started coughing a bit earlier this morning and noticed quickly that it wasn't just a dry hack but one of those coughs where your lungs are trying to get something out. I haven't been coughing too much, but this evening I can feel something happening in my lungs.

(Re-reading that, it sounds really weird. But, that's the best way I can describe it!)

Emotional: I'm good. I'm tired and ready for the weekend, but I'm good.

Cravings: Not a whole lot really. I kind of miss candy a little bit, though, and when I read a Facebook status about someone eating a piece of leftover birthday cake, I thought, "Hmm, birthday cake is tasty." (I love store-bought birthday cake with buttercream frosting. Nom nom nom.) Again, though, these thoughts last for all of ten seconds before I'm perfectly fine.

I hope you all have a much more exciting night than my Friday night and that you all have a wonderfully relaxing weekend.

Source
Be sure to check in tomorrow for five more of my favorite things and, yes, yet another Whole30 update. :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment