Monday, March 24, 2014

Whole30 -- Day 29

Today was rough.

Actually, let me clarify: last night was rough.

I had such good intentions of going to bed by 10:00 so that I could be up by 4:30 to head to Farrell's for an early morning butt-kicking. Well, I was in bed by 10:00, but for some reason, my horribly allergic skin would not let me fall asleep. Remember the TMI story that I told you on Wednesday? Yep, that happened again.

Essentially, I was in bed at 10:00, but my skin started revolting against me: I had hives all over my chest, abdomen, legs, scalp, and arms. The last time I looked at the clock, it was 12:30, and I was thinking, "Oh no. I have to get up in four hours." I must've fallen asleep for about an hour or so because the next time I looked at the clock, it was 2:00, and I texted BFF that I was definitely not going to make my workout. I was up for a while then since I just could not get any relief, and finally I woke up for good around 5:30.

So, after a whole three hours of sleep, I headed to school for the first day after spring break. Awesome.

In all actuality, it was not a horrible day. I was definitely exhausted, but I chugged coffee like it was going out of style.

After school, I headed to the dermatologist. (I was shocked that she was able to get me in on such short notice. Maybe it's because I said ER and epinephrine when referencing my prior troubles with this issue.) She sent me home with two prescriptions (one for more hydroxyzine, the antihistamine that gives me a hangover, and one for a topical ointment), instructed me to take the hydroxyzine and an over-the-counter allergy medicine every day for six weeks, and told me to come back in a month if I wasn't better.

A month?! I can't have another night like last night!

Ugh.

After getting my prescriptions filled, I came home and cooked up some veggies, as BFF was coming over for dinner. My friend Beth stopped by for a bit, too, so the three of us had a nice chat.

It's been a lazy evening ever since, and I'm definitely going to be asleep by 9:30 tonight...I hope.

Breakfast: Since I was at school this morning, I totally spaced on taking a picture of my breakfast. But, you're not missing out on much: it was not good. I mixed up leftover taco meat with a couple of scrambled eggs, mushrooms, and guacamole.

Ick.

I ate about half of it and called it good.

Lunch: I didn't take a picture of this because it didn't quite happen. With spring break, I got out of the swing of things regarding my school schedule. Today, I ate breakfast at 8:00 and was then expected to eat lunch at 10:45. Um, no. I was totally not hungry.

Instead, I ate an apple around noon and then whipped up a mini version of my blueberry-egg breakfast for an afternoon snack:


It was just the right amount of food to tide me over until dinner.

Dinner:


Tonight's dinner was a recreation of a favorite: Nom Nom Paleo's Korean Short Ribs. Last night, I blended the sauce ingredients together so that this morning all I had to do was broil the meat and then toss everything in the crock pot.

This evening, I sauteed green beans in crushed red pepper and sauteed/steamed broccoli with some of the gravy/sauce from the meat.

Nom nom nom.

Physically: Obviously, my skin is an issue. There is no way it can be Whole30-related, though. I'm not eating anything abnormal, and instead, I'm eating good, high-quality foods.

The only thing I could think of was that maybe it was caused by a virus. I mean, I haven't super hungry lately, which could also be symptomatic of something wrong. But then I got my wits together: I haven't been super hungry lately because my body is sated on much less food and much more nutrient-dense food than it's been used to over the course of the last 30 years.

Duh.

Emotionally: I have been feeling really, really good today, despite being exhausted.

Cravings: I am not craving a single thing. It was interesting when I was at Walgreen's picking up my prescription: I had to kill 15 minutes, so normally I'd head to the candy aisle and grab some gumdrops or other silly drugstore candy to take home for a snack. Today, that didn't even cross my mind.

(Full disclosure, though: I did try to find some trail mix or nuts that I could bring home, but alas, they all had ingredient lists a mile long. So, I opted for shaving gel and toilet paper instead.)

I hope you all had a much more energetic Monday than I did!

Until tomorrow, I'll leave you with this gem I saw on Mama Laughlin's feed today:

Source
It made me laugh for a ridiculous amount of time.

You're welcome.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment