Sunday, March 23, 2014

Weekly Menu

Happy Sunday!

How many of you -- like me -- spend the weekend planning the menu, figuring out grocery lists, hitting the store, and prepping veggies?

A lot of you? Awesome.

If you are not one who likes to write out your weekly menu and head to the grocery store for one big trip each week, I highly, highly, highly recommend it. I, personally, would be lost without such a plan, and I would seriously fail at healthy living (as I would likely succumb to one of the John's -- Taco, Papa, Jimmy).

So, here's the plan for this week:


I kept Friday night open, as I am attending a super-fun event with a group of friends, and I'm not sure if we'll do dinner/appetizers beforehand. If we don't, I'll likely grab a salad from Gusto since I really, really liked the one I ate a few days ago.

My grocery list isn't look too bad this week -- just a ton of produce, as usual:

Produce:
  • Berries
  • Pear
  • Garlic
  • Ginger
  • Broccoli
  • Avocados (4)
  • Shallots (2)
  • Guacamole
  • Jalapenos
  • Snap peas
  • Spaghetti squash
  • Limes (3)
  • Onions (2)
  • Red pepper
  • Cauliflower
Meat:
  • Eggs
  • Bacon
  • Ground chicken
  • Shrimp
  • Ground beef
Pantry:
  • Coconut milk
  • Almond butter

All in all, this cost me $80 (the combined total between Hy-Vee and Trader Joe's), which is not a lot compared to how much I've spent on past weeks. It helps when you start accumulating the "staples" (i.e. coconut aminos, coconut oil, ghee, etc.) so that you don't have to buy them each week.

Full disclosure: I decided to make the Korean Short Ribs this week because when I was at the store on Friday night, I saw that they were only $4.99/pound. I picked those up along with some eggs and bananas and spent about $20 on this week's groceries on Friday night.

Still, $100 on a week's worth of super-ridiculously-healthy food is not too shabby.

What are you most looking forward to from your menu this week? Where do you shop in order to make your groceries most affordable?

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I was so proud, I did my weekly meal planning on Friday and will share it tomorrow. Some good meals and I am subbing in sweet potato for banana for my paleo pancake, that you could just eat in scrambled form. Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete