Thursday, March 27, 2014

Three Thanks

Hello friends!

My beautiful and hilarious sister-in-law and I would love for you to join us for our very first link-up: Three Thanks.

Purpose: Gratitude is important in living a happy, healthy life.

Source
Robert Emmons, a psychology professor at UC Davis and a researcher in the field of gratitude, found countless benefits from regularly practicing gratitude, specifically physical and emotional advantages and strengthening of relationships and communities. People who are grateful exercise more, have increased energy, are happier and healthier in general, and possess less anxiety/depression/stress/loneliness.

Gratitude is an essential -- and oft-forgotten -- component of healthy living.

Source
Since both The Swallow Flies and Here Come Happiness focus on health and happiness, we thought that this would be the perfect link-up for us to start, and we sincerely hope you join in -- and encourage your friends to do so as well.

There can never be enough gratitude in this world.


Source
(I love Winnie the Pooh)
To Do: Each Thursday, Aly and I will host this link-up, and we hope that you will join in with us. First, please post the link-up badge on your post. Second, please link back to both The Swallow Flies and Here Comes Happiness. Third, please write a post about gratitude and enter your blog's information in the link list below.

Without any further ado, let's get this party link-up started!

The Swallow Flies & Here Comes Happiness Three Thanks

Most every night I like to write in my gratitude journal. Generally, I write three things that I appreciated over the course of that day, and I try to be very specific. For instance, instead of just saying, "I am grateful for my mom," I say, "I am grateful that my mom was so considerate when planning what she was going to cook around my crazy diet."

So, for Thankful Thursdays, I am going to do the same: I am going to write three things for which I was grateful over the course of the week.

Here we go with Round One:

~~ONE~~

I am grateful to live in a city with beautiful scenery through which to run. I mean, just check out some of these pics from recent running routes:




All of these scenes are within three miles of my house, which is smack-dab in the middle of the city. I love, love, love the beauty of nature, and seeing it by foot rather than speeding through it in a car often leaves me awestruck.

~~TWO~~

I am grateful for my sister-in-law, Aly. She and I have talked nearly every day for the past several weeks, and I truly consider her one of my best friends in the whole world.

Our feet in Mexico, circa 2007.
I am grateful that she is obsessed with blogging (like I am), that she shares similar interests that I do (fitness and nutrition), that she understands my craziness (and can talk me off the ledge), and that she is so inspirational and motivational and encouraging.

The two of us have some crazy ideas in the works, and I'm super pumped -- and extremely grateful.

~~THREE~~

I am grateful for sunshine and for spring! While I tried not to complain about it too much (especially since there were people who had it much worse than I did -- ahem, Aly and Alex), this was a pretty rough, seemingly never-ending winter.

And while we still had another snowy day on Monday, there have been some glimpses of warm weather and glorious sunshine -- and I just know that the trees will start blossoming and the grass will start turning green before we know it.

I love, love, love living where there are seasons.

Source
See you tonight for a recap of the day -- and I hope to see you all back here next week for another Thankful Thursday!


What are three things from the past week for which you are especially thankful?

post signature

8 comments:

  1. I've been thankful for the beginnings of warmer weather as well! Even rain now is preferable to snow. Your pictures are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kendall! It's raining here today, and I am actually kind of excited to run in it after work today. Spring is coming! :)

      Delete
  2. I tried to put the linkup on my page, it didn't work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just now seeing this message -- I'm so sorry, Kaela! What did you try to put on your page? The picture is the only part of the link-up that should show up on your page: your picture/blog title should show up on mine. I see your picture/blog title from my end, so that's working! Hopefully when people read my post and scroll to the bottom to see who else linked up, they head on over to yours, too. I've gotten a bit of traffic that way from the Friday link-up that I participate in, so that's what I'm hoping happens for other people from this link-up. :)

      Delete
    2. The picture won't show. It just shows all the random words.

      Delete
    3. Hmm. Did you add the code while you're in HTML (not "Compose" mode)? If you added it in HTML mode, it should work. Otherwise, maybe just copy and paste the picture from my post to yours? I'm sorry it's been kind of a pain for you!

      Delete