Sunday, March 30, 2014

Weekly Menu & Workouts

Good morning!

I wanted to continue my Sunday tradition and post my weekly meal plan and grocery list, but I also wanted to add something new: my workout schedule for the week.

Get excited.

Without any further ado, here's the plan:


If you are new to the blog (welcome!) or new to Whole30 or Paleo, please check out some helpful posts:


(And, while we're on a let's-check-out-old-posts kick, if you're considering trying out Whole30 or Paleo, please check out Why I No Longer Hate Paleo.)

But back to the meal plan. I was able to get by fairly inexpensively with last week's groceries, and this was because I had a lot of leftover produce to use up. In addition, I ran out of a lot of spices this week. So, this week's list is a bit long (especially the pantry section, which is usually quite short):

Produce:

  • Parsley
  • Jalapeno
  • Mango
  • Avocados
  • Apples (7)
  • Asparagus (2)
  • Green beans
  • Bananas (3)
  • Blueberries
  • Lime
  • Spaghetti squash
  • Broccoli
  • Sweet potatoes (5)
  • Mushrooms
Meat:


  • Eggs
  • Ground chicken (1 lb)
  • Pork chops (2)
  • Flank steak (1 lb)
  • Chicken tenders (1 lb)
  • Pork ribs (3-4 lbs)
  • Crab (8 oz)
Pantry:
  • Coconut milk
  • Chicken broth
  • Wing sauce
  • Dill
  • Onion powder
  • Cinnamon
  • Arrowroot powder
  • Honey 
  • Cashews
  • Chinese Five-Spice powder
I have not yet done my grocery shopping for the week (that's on the agenda for today), so I cannot hook you up with the total cost. I'll get back to you later on that. :)

As I mentioned, I am also going to post my workout plan for the week:


Since I ran eight miles yesterday, I decided to make today a rest day. I might do a short walk around the lake or the neighborhood, but I'm not considering today a "hardcore workout day."

I am going to start going to Farrell's again this week, but I probably won't go every single day: I don't want to burn myself out, and I need to be focusing on running right now due to my upcoming race schedule. So, the plan right now is to go to the kickboxing class on Monday and Wednesday at 5 a.m. for sure. I may also throw in a strength-training session (at Farrell's as well) on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, but those days are also my running days. So, right now I'm considering the strength-training optional.

As you can see from the schedule, next Friday is a rest day, followed by a long run on Saturday. Next Sunday will also be a rest day, as I think I like the "days off" sandwiching my hardest workout. If I find that I don't actually like that sort of schedule, I'll readjust for next week.

So, that's the plan, friends!

What are your nutrition and fitness goals for the week?

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Deliciousness. :) Paleo Oatmeal is three eggs whisked with 1/2 cup of coconut milk, 1/4 cup of nuts (I've used pecans, walnuts, and almonds), a smashed banana, and cinnamon. Then you just cook it on the stove (I cook it like I would scrambled eggs). Sometimes, I also plop a gob of almond butter on top. Yum.

      Delete
    2. I'm gonna have to get used to nuts. I don't like them at all. But maybe if I grind them up, I will like them lol

      Delete