Saturday, March 8, 2014

Five Favorites

I had fun compiling five of my favorite things for you last Saturday, and judging by my page hits, it looks like y'all enjoyed reading them, too!

So, I am going to try to make a weekly habit of posting five things I'm loving lately.



With no further ado, here are some things you should totally check out:

1. Bath & Body Works Three-Wick Candles

I absolutely love candles, but I hate shelling out big bucks for candles. Therefore, when there's a good sale, I am all over it. I think I first discovered Bath & Body Works three-wick candles when I was Christmas shopping, and there was a crazy-good deal. I grabbed a couple, burned them almost every day, and knew I needed more. Thankfully, Bath & Body Works has sales all the time, so I was in luck.


These candles are great. And, right now they're two for $22. And, there's even an extra 25% off with in-store code 2614 or online code DELIGHT. You guys, that's two decent-sized candles for $16.50. I bought two more candles yesterday -- Lavender Vanilla and Aloha Waikiki -- and I may go back today for some more. I seriously burn them all the time.

2. David Gray Pandora Station

I'm a sucker for some good Pandora: great music + few ads = what more could a girl want? I have found a few stations that I really, really like, such as Of Monsters and Men and The Script. However, my absolute favorite is David Gray.


I listen to music when I'm at home cooking, chilling, writing, taking a bath, etc. I have found that music really relaxes me and calms me down. The David Gray station has artists like Mat Kearney, Coldplay, Mumford and Sons, Passenger, Snow Patrol, and more, all of which just chill me out.

3. Old Navy Active Wear

I cannot workout in crappy clothes, and generally non-crappy workout clothes are also super-expensive workout clothes. I have shelled out upwards of $60 so many times for tights and tops, and I'm sure my workout wardrobe is worth thousands of dollars.

That's a depressing thought.

Enter: Old Navy. Old Navy seriously has the best workout wear in the universe. I especially love this jacket (so much so that I bought both my mom and my sister one as gifts), and these running tights (although I have to admit that I wear the tights as regular leggings, too).

Source
And believe it or not, Old Navy's sports bras (sometimes for as little as $10 a pop!) hold these tatas in! (I'm a 36DD, and I prefer an XL for comfort purposes, but the L really holds 'em in place.)

4. Humans of New York

Before you read any further, please go "like" Humans of New York on Facebook. Oh, and then go buy the beautiful, hardcover, coffee table book.

Okay, now that you're back, let's talk about why I love HONY.

First, the photos are beautiful (and the book is full-color gorgeous photos).

Second and more importantly, I love the stories. Some are funny, some are endearing, some make you laugh, some make you cry, some make you hurt.





Really, the only thing I can say is that Humans of New York is beautiful -- absolutely and vibrantly beautiful.

Every day, I connect to at least one photo that is posted in some way or another. I love it.

5. Jimmy Fallon, Idina Menzel, & The Roots Sing Let It Go from Frozen



I've seriously listened to this at least ten times in the last two days, including four times within 20 minutes until my computer died yesterday.

Obsessed.

Also, Idina Menzel is a.) a beast, and b.) a classy lady. I love her.

On a related note, if anyone knows where I can download this (like, into iTunes), I would greatly appreciate it. Let It Go is on my half-marathon playlist, but I'd prefer this version instead.


Find previous "Five Favorites" here:


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment