Saturday, April 5, 2014

Five Favorites

Happy Saturday, friends! Aren't weekends just the best? I hope y'all are relaxing, spending time with friends and family, and having a blast -- after, of course, checking out five of my favorite things. :)



1. Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes


Source
I have always been notoriously bad about taking off my make-up at night, washing my face, etc. While I have super allergic skin and eczema in random places, the skin on my face has always been great: I would occasionally be bothered by a pimple as a teenager, but other than that, I've had zero issues. So, I pretty much figured I didn't have to do anything to my face to keep it that way.

Lately, though, I've been a bit more diligent about removing my make-up. Granted, I usually do so in the morning and only because I have raccoon eyes otherwise -- and because I want to start with a fresh canvas face for the day.

Enter: Neutrogena wipes. These things are awesome. It takes all of 15 seconds to remove my leftover make-up, including my heavy-duty waterproof mascara. And what's even better is that I don't have to scrub: it's seriously just a quick, gentle wipe to remove every bit of make-up.

2. Parenthood

Source
I rarely watch TV shows when they're on, as my schedule is pretty random and, let's be real, I often forget when shows actually air. Oh, and I really like watching marathons of shows: who wants to wait an entire week to find out what happens next?

Parenthood, however, is the exception. While I may not always catch it on Thursday at 9 p.m., I almost always watch it within the week that it airs. (Thank you, Hulu Plus!)

I strongly believe that this is the best show on television today. The characters are so realistic, and their acting is flawless: it feels like we are watching an actual, real-life family interact with each other. It doesn't seem scripted at all. I love it.

The Boy used to roll his eyes every time I talked about the show, saying that there was "always some sort of drama" happening. But, I think it's super realistic: everyone always has "something" going on in real life, so that's what should happen on a show as well.

I appreciate that it takes on tough issues: autism, the n-word, abortion, addiction, PTSD, cancer, etc. And it does so in sensitive yet very realistic ways.

Oh, and I feel like the characters are real people -- and that they're my best friends. That's not weird at all, is it?

I could go on and on and on and on about everything that I love about this show. If you haven't had a chance to see it, please check it out. Watch all prior seasons on Netflix and then catch up on this season on Hulu Plus. You won't be sorry.

3. Bondi Bands


I'm sure you've noticed in the thousands of running photos I've posted over the course of the last couple of years that I am always wearing a headband, especially during races. In fact, a new headband is kind of my "gift to myself" prior to each major race that I run.

The headbands that I swear by are Bondi Bands: first and most importantly, they wick the sweat away like you wouldn't believe. I rarely have sweat run down my face because it's generally all contained (somehow) in that itty-bitty piece of fabric around my ears. Second, they keep the hair out of my face, which is obviously super important during a run. Third, they are super cute and have some really funny sayings (my personal favorite is "One Hot Mess"). Fourth, they are very affordable and, when purchased at expos, generally discounted depending on the number that you buy. Finally, when it's cold outside, they serve as very good ear warmers, but when it's hot outside, you barely notice them on your head.

Seriously, y'all: if you run, you need to have some Bondi Bands in your wardrobe.

4.  GT's Multi-Green Kombucha

Source
This stuff is the shit. If it weren't $3.99 a bottle, I would drink one of these bad boys every day. Kombucha definitely has an interesting flavor, one that might take some awhile to acquire, but I really, really like the Multi-Green flavor.

Kombucha is a fermented tea, and its antioxidants, enzymes, probiotics, and vitamins have ample health benefits: it boosts the immune system, it detoxifies, it gives an energy boost, it increases metabolism, and it offers pain relief.

And, it tastes good. It's a nice change from "boring ol' water."

5. Larabars

Source
Snacking is difficult on the Whole30 -- and it is also not advised since meals are supposed to be satiating. However, there are times when you just need a little somethin' somethin'. (Generally for me those times occur after or before a workout, especially when I know I'm not going to be able to cook an actual meal for a while.)

Enter: Larabars. First, the ingredient list is super short and consists only of natural ingredients, things that are pronounceable; for instance, the ingredient list for Cherry Pie includes dates, almonds, and unsweetened cherries, all Whole30-compliant ingredients.

So far I've tried and have really enjoyed Cherry Pie, Apple Pie, Carrot Cake, Cashew Cookie, Coconut Cream Pie, and Key Lime Pie.

What are some products that you can't live without lately?


Find previous "Five Favorites" here:
post signature

2 comments:

  1. I too love using make up removing towelettes, it's weird, the skin on my face has always been pretty clear while everywhere else it's kind of a mess haha but too many nights without washing off makeup hasn't helped my face either :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kendall, it sounds like we've both been blessed with the same skin: totally fine on the face and a hot mess everywhere else! Ugh.

      Delete