Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Hittin' the Hay

Guess what day it is?

Source
Ahhhhhhhh, it never gets old. :)

I hope you all had a wonderful Wednesday! Today, I had the privilege of spending five hours corralled in a classroom with 23 students, administering the Iowa Assessments. Five hours is such a long time to be sitting in one place -- and I felt bad for the students, too! :)

Seriously, though, my kiddos worked their little butts off with no whining, and it appeared that they were actually trying. I'm excited to see their scores come back. Hopefully we'll see great gains from the work we've done with them this year.

After work, I hit up the grocery store since I was on my last can of La Croix (heaven forbid), came home and wrote a bit, cooked dinner, and went to bowling. Bowling was fun tonight, but it seemed to take forever, and I'm not really sure why -- quite possible because most of us were super tired. But, it was fun nevertheless. And, I bowled about average.

Breakfast:


Breakfast today was a diced sweet potato sauteed with mushroom, jalapeno, three eggs, and avocado. YUM.

Lunch:


Today I ate leftover Bacon Carbonara Pasta for lunch. Like last night, it was super tasty. (I'm pretty sure I could eat bacon in some form for every meal and be one happy lady.)

Dinner:


This is not the most photogenic dinner in the world (and it doesn't help that I photographed it at the bowling alley), but it was one of the tastiest meals I've ever made: Beef & Broccoli Cashew Stir-Fry from PaleOMG.

Maggie recommended I make this meal, and she was not lying: it tastes like take-out Chinese food. It is soooooo good.

The recipe included half a cup of orange juice and three tablespoons of honey, and I included both of those. If I were still "officially" on my Whole30, I would've omitted the honey for sure and, quite possibly, the orange juice as well. But, this would definitely not be the same.

I will for sure be making this again. Yum.


I'm sorry for the super short, fairly lame post this evening, friends. It's almost 10:00, and since I'm an old grandma, I need to hit the hay. (See? I'm an old grandma. Who else says hit the hay?!)

Source
Peace out, yo.

post signature


2 comments:

  1. You breakfast looks gorgeous. I am a grandma and need to sleep too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally forgot I put the gangsta grandma at the end. Hahahahaha. (I swear I'm like Ambien Aly on these allergy meds. Holy moly...)

      Delete