Sunday, April 6, 2014

A (Mini) Meal Plan

Hi friends!

This week's meal plan is a bit abridged for a few reasons:

  1. I'm not going to list breakfasts because I pretty much make that up each day based on a.) how early I wake up and b.) what I'm craving (and because I pretty much eat one of three things every single day)
  2. I'm not going to list lunches because nearly every day they are simply leftovers from the previous day (or some concoction of scrambled eggs, chicken sausage, and sweet potatoes if I don't have leftovers)
  3. I'm heading to St. Louis Friday morning, so it is absolutely impossible for me now to plan my meals for Friday and Saturday
So, without any further ado, here's the mini-meal plan:

On Monday, I am hosting book club at my house, and since we have a number of different dietary needs (I'm Paleo, another girl is vegan, and another is vegetarian), I am going to make something that each of us can enjoy: tacos!

Essentially, I'm going to cook up some ground beef in homemade taco seasoning, grab a rotisserie chicken to shred myself, cut up a bunch of veggies, and provide other toppings like salsa, cheese, and guacamole. While I will likely just make a big taco salad for myself, I'm also going to have tortillas and chips for tacos and nachos. And, I think I'm going to try my hand at a sweet Paleo treat. We'll see how ambitious I actually get.

On Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, I have tennis meets, so I'm planning on making somewhat easy dishes. Regarding the taco stuff, I can have most of that (aside from the meat and guacamole) prepped on Sunday, so throwing the other things together shouldn't take much time. Tuesday's Paleo Coconut Chicken shouldn't take too long, as I basically just coat the chicken and cook it up. On Thursday, I'm planning on grabbing take-out since I won't be home Friday through Sunday and therefore will be unable to eat leftovers.

Also, other than stuff for tacos and spaghetti squash for the Pad Thai, I have pretty much everything I need for meals this week. This will (hopefully) be a relatively inexpensive week at Hy-Vee -- yay!

Now, let's talk about workouts.

I didn't run yesterday in Omaha, so I'm hoping to get out and run today when I get back to Des Moines, but that is going to depend wholly on how I feel. I've been pretty rundown lately due to whatever virus is kicking my butt, so I definitely want to take it somewhat easy. That being said, I'd really like to get a nine-mile run in...

Also, as I mentioned before, I have tennis meets three days this week, so that could pose a problem with my workout plan. However, here's what I would like to do:

If I could get in at least three of those workouts, that would be great.

While I'm super pumped for this whole tennis-coaching gig, it sure is putting a monkey wrench in my cooking and exercising plan. But, it's only for a month-and-a-half or so: then things can get back to normal schedule-wise. 

(And, after this first week, I should have a better idea as to how much time I'll have to workout on practice days and meet days, and I'll know what time meets end and how much time I can devote to cooking. We'll just call this a trial week all around.)

What's on your food and fitness agenda for the week?


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment