Thursday, April 3, 2014

And Tennis Makes Two

Hello, friends!

I feel like such a slacker. Yesterday, I skipped Farrell's because I was so darn tired and decided sleeping was more important than working out, and then today, I skipped my run because I felt so run down.

I honestly think I am coming down with something. I have woken up with a rash every single day this week, and it's not necessarily the huge welts anymore but rather just bumpy redness. And, whereas the hives went away by mid-morning, this rash has been hanging out with me most of the day. Today, I felt super off, almost like I could pass out at any minute. I felt light-headed going upstairs, my head felt really foggy, my joints (especially my hips) have been killing me, and I was just out of it -- not to mention absolutely exhausted. I'm starting to think I may have a virus or something that is just manifesting itself through my skin.

I don't know. I'm sure Web MD will tell me I am pregnant or have cancer.

But anyway, instead of going for a quick run after school, I came home and did a lot of this:

It's a miracle I haven't coughed up a hairball yet,
considering how often this cat is literally in my face.
Well, I did a lot of lying on the couch and napping, not a whole lot of smiling and selfie-taking.

Immediately after work, however, I headed to a relatively new-to-me store, Campbell's Nutrition:


Campbell's is a health-food store that is literally a mile away from my house, yet I have gone there maybe twice. (I mean, prior to this whole "healthy-eating thing," why would I want to spend a bazillion dollars on "weird" stuff?!) Truthfully, it's like a mini Whole Foods that focuses on supplying organic produce, meat, and dairy; natural supplements; and all sorts of food for special dietary needs (i.e. gluten-free, raw, etc.).

I really just had to pick up some eggs. But, you know how it is at a new place.

I also snatched up some Nick's Sticks (that I already devoured -- yum), some baby food pouches (for long-run fuel, don't judge), and a couple different all-natural energy bars (to sample for running fuel as well).

I will definitely be hitting up Campbell's a lot in the near future.



You know what else I did today? Signed up to be the assistant girls' tennis coach at my school. You know what sport I know absolutely nothing about? Tennis.

This marks not the first but the second time I will have coached a sport about which I am completely clueless. Yep, for three years I coached cheerleading. Since I managed to coach girls throwing other girls in the air (without any huge mishaps), I figured tennis should be a-okay.

So, that adventure starts on Monday.

Totally related side note: I just got a text from the head coach (who just so happens to be my Work Boyfriend) that said, "This is gonna be fun! As long as you do what you're told." Bwahahahahahaha. He knows me so well.

Breakfast: I had an IEP meeting this morning that totally cut into my usual breakfast time, so when I got back to my classroom, I pretty much inhaled my breakfast and completely spaced on taking a picture. It was a variation of, you guessed it, the usual: a sauteed sweet potato with jalapeno, mushrooms, and chicken sausage.

Lunch:


Today I had leftovers from last night: Beef & Broccoli Cashew Stir-Fry. It was just as good the second time around. Seriously, friends, please make this. The sauce is so thick and juicy and so, so yummy (twss).

Dinner:


Again, I'm not feeling so hot, so instead of cooking an elaborate meal, I just whipped up my Whole30-ified version of Carrots 'n' Cake's Paleo Oatmeal. I splattered a glob of almond butter on the top, and it was oh-so-good.

Now, I think I'm going to take some medicine, cross my fingers I can stay awake for Parenthood so that I don't have to catch it on Hulu, and then pass the heck out.

(Let's be real: what's really going to happen is that I'm going to hit "publish," drug up, and pass out -- all in the next 15 minutes.)

See you tomorrow morning, friends!

Have you ever taken on a responsibility for which you felt completely unprepared? What was your favorite meal of the day?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment