Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Early to Bed

Tomorrow I go to the allergist. I could not be more excited, y'all. Essentially, I really, really, really just want him to tell me that I'm not at all allergic to NSAIDs, specifically Ibuprofen and Aspirin. (Well, I'm also hoping he doesn't list avocados and/or jalapenos as the culprits. I might pretend to not hear him if he does.)

But like I said, I'm really hoping he says that Advil is a-okay. I've had another killer headache this afternoon/evening (turning into more of a migraine than just a headache as we speak), and I'd really like some drugs to quell the icepick jabbing into my skull. This headache/migraine/anvil-on-the-brain is likely due to those hormone issues I discussed this morning. (And speaking of this morning, if you liked that post, you'll LOVE tomorrow's.)

So, like last Thursday, this is going to be a somewhat brief post -- and, there aren't going to be any pictures. I totally spaced and/or was preoccupied.

Breakfast: This morning I ate sweet potatoes, eggs, mushrooms, jalapeno, and avocado. As Aly said, I was "playing with fire" (she totally thinks I'm crazy-allergic to avocados). So far, so good!

Lunch: I barely had time for lunch today. I had quite a lengthy phone conversation with a very upset parent during my lunch block, and I was quite upset myself after we ended the conversation, so I was not super hungry for lunch. Regardless, I ate a bit of my leftover Moroccan Meatballs, cauliflower rice, and broccoli.

Snack: At the tennis match tonight, I ate the apple that I brought for lunch and a few bites of the cashew-almond-craisin trail mix.

Dinner: ____________________________

Yeah...I didn't eat dinner. My head hurts too bad right now to make something, and I am so not hungry. It's the I-kind-of-feel-like-throwing-up headache that I had last week, and I don't think food would be good. Instead, I chugged a coconut water and am now working on a La Croix while I choke down some acetaminophen and cross my fingers that it actually does something for the pain.


I hope you all had a lovely Tuesday, and I look forward to "seeing" you tomorrow -- when I hopefully feel better enough to write more.

For now, I'm going to go pass out -- and yes, I realize it's not even 8:00. That's just how I roll.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment