Friday, April 11, 2014

Five on Friday

As with every Friday, today I am linking up with The Good Life BlogHello! HappinessCarolina Charm, and A. Liz Adventures for "Five on Friday."

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG  

Please don't forget to join me and Aly for our link-up: Three Thanks! We love the gratitude that we've seen and read so far!

I love me some randomness, so let's get 'er started!

~~ONE~~

My parents rented Frozen for us to watch together on Saturday night, and we all (minus my dad who thought it was kind of boring) LOVED it.

Source
For once Disney created a movie where the female characters save themselves, where romantic love is not necessarily a premise of the story, and where sisters are pretty kick-ass.

I loved, loved, loved it.

Also, Let It Go is still one of my favorite songs. Again, LOVE.

As soon as the movie isn't $19.99, I'm totally buying it -- and watching it again and again and again (much like all of you parents of toddlers have done).

~~TWO~~

As you read this, I am likely en route to St. Louis. (Every time I type that, I can't help but sing some Nelly to myself. I hope all of you 30-somethings are right there with me.)

I am super pumped for a weekend away with the girls and am really hoping we stake out claim to this area and don't leave all weekend:

Source
There's not a whole lot I like more than a good rooftop bar. Seriously: heaven.

~~THREE~~

Speaking of St. Louis, this is going to be my first trip (other than Omaha, twice) during my lifestyle change. While I know I will stray from Whole30 (as eating out most meals at unknown restaurants will be tricky -- and, let's be real, I may want a glass or two of wine with my girlfriends), I am going to try to be at least cognizant of my food choices and select options that somewhat align with the way that I have been eating for the past month-and-a-half.

If I stray too far, after all, I will be spending the weekend in the bathroom -- not with the girls. :)

Source
And since we're sharing a hotel room, that would not be good for anyone involved.

~~FOUR~~

Because I finished Whole45 on Wednesday, I weighed myself yesterday morning. I am down 2.8 pounds since I finished Whole30, which means I am down 9.4 pounds overall. That is almost ten pounds in six weeks, y'all. I'm pretty stoked about that.

And let's be real: my weight could actually be lower since right now it's likely jacked up due to hormones. And, it would be lower still if I worked out regularly like I should be doing.

Eating whole, non-processed foods works, friends!

~~FIVE~~

Remember how I've been so excited for HBO GO and the ability I now have to watch Game of Thrones with the rest of the world?

Source
Well, I am still super pumped (and thankful!) to have HBO GO, but I have yet to see the season premiere! I have had such a busy week with tennis meets, bowling, and a migraine and have just not had a chance to watch it.

I guess I'll have to have a double-dose of GoT sometime next week.

I. can't. wait.


Have a wonderful Friday, friends!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment