Thursday, April 17, 2014

True Confessions

As the title implies, I have a confession to make.

I'm not sure what the cat has to do with her
husband being away, but...
Source
I totally strayed from Whole30 today.

But here's the thing: I do not feel bad about it.

I have been feeling pretty crappy all week, and I have had pretty much no appetite whatsoever. Last night was especially bad allergy-wise, and today was a long day: teaching followed by a tennis meet that lasted until around 7:00.

I had chicken and pork chops in my fridge to cook for tonight, but neither one of those huge hunks of meat sounded good tonight. The only thing that sounded somewhat palatable, in fact, was Gusto pizza.

So I said screw it. I have been eating next to nothing lately, and if I want to eat Gusto pizza, I'm going to eat Gusto pizza.

Katie (BFF), Shaw, Kate, and I headed to Gusto after the meet -- and then we swung by Orange Leaf. I definitely ate some fro-yo, as it was something I had been craving for a really, really long time.


I was such a little kid. Nom nom nom.

Two things about breaking my Whole30 regime:

  1. The crap food is no longer in my system. It lasted there approximately one hour before quickly making its exit. (You're welcome for sparing you the details.)
  2. I have not yet noticed any allergy issues today -- nor did I really notice any in St. Louis. Is it possible that my body is reacting to not having some sort of food in it? Does it need wheat or dairy or something else that I have been "depriving" it? I don't know.
I guess it's something to consider.

But anyway, here are today's eats:


Breakfast:


I was one of those people today and nearly forgot to eat my breakfast. I'm telling you: I have had no appetite at all lately. But, I remembered with about ten minutes left in my planning period and ate my scrambled eggs, avocado, mushrooms, and jalapeno. I also ate a banana right as the kids were walking in.

Lunch: I ate a small portion of leftover Moroccan Meatballs and cauliflower rice. Honestly, I just had a few bites. I just wasn't that hungry and just wasn't feeling it.

Snack: At the tennis meet, I ate some of the all-natural fruit snacks that I bought for running fuel, an apple, and a Key Lime Pie Larabar.

Dinner:


I had the Il Figaro pizza from Gusto. This is my favorite, and it had been off the menu for several months. It tasted okay tonight -- not nearly as awesome as I remember it.

Even though it was just okay, I ate the entire thing. Yes, yes I did.

And then I ate this:


It was half Wedding Cake and half Salted Caramel, topped with marshmallow stuff, cookie dough bites, graham cracker powder, and peanut butter shavings. I didn't fill my bowl too full at all, but I did not even eat the whole thing.

The splurge today was totally worth it.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment