Monday, April 28, 2014

I'm Baaaaaaack!

Did y'all miss me the last few days?

I missed you! I swear I'm not kidding. I have been doing so much writing lately that I seriously missed not doing it -- and not communicating with you all -- the past several days.

I'm sorry that I wasn't back like I anticipated on Saturday night...or all day yesterday...or this morning. We got back from Atlanta around 3:30 on Saturday (don't worry: there will be a post all about the trip tomorrow morning), and I'm pretty sure that aside from a quick 4.5-mile run, a trip to the grocery store, and dinner with Katie on Sunday, I slept straight through from 4:00 Saturday afternoon until 6:30 this morning.

Clearly I had some recovering to do.

But, I'm back in the swing of things today.

I woke up this morning and had a big bowl of Paleo Oatmeal for breakfast. Y'all, I think I'm a bit over that meal for right now. It makes a lot, and I can barely choke down half of it. (That could also be because I forgot the usual spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.) Regardless, I think it's time for a break.

For lunch, I had scrambled eggs with sauteed onions and mushrooms, topped with salsa. I also inhaled an apple.

For a snack, I strayed a bit from Whole30 to eat my leftover dinner from last night: hummus, pickled onions, olives, and spicy peppers. (The only thing not Whole30 was the hummus and a very small bite of feta cheese.)

For dinner, I made the best thing I've had in a while:



I smashed a pound of ground beef with one-fourth a red onion, some Dijon mustard, some dill, some salt, and some garlic powder. I topped it with avocado and sauteed mushrooms and sided it with sweet potato and strawberries.

It was absolutely delicious and so, so filling.

I'm already looking forward to having it for lunch tomorrow.

I'm sorry this was such a short post this evening, but I still have a bit of unpacking and straightening up to do. Seriously, I have been a waste of space since I got back in town, and I need to get my stuff together. It's time to get back on track, friends!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend and a great start to your week!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment