Monday, April 21, 2014

Tempting Fate

Guess where I'll be in less than 24 hours? Atlanta!

I hope I'll run into these ladies:

Source

Let's be real, though: I haven't watched this show in ages (darn no cable), and the only two I'd recognize would be Nene Leakes and Kim Zolciak.

If you have any great suggestions as to awesome restaurants or must-see/must-do things in the ATL, please let me know! I'll be there Tuesday through Saturday, and while a lot of my time will be spent in a conference, I know we'll have a bit of time to explore the city as well. I'd greatly appreciate some recommendations.

Today was a good -- albeit busy -- day. I taught all day, and it seemed like I didn't have any downtime whatsoever. Twelve-week grades were due, I had a bunch of random paperwork to finish prior to taking off tomorrow, and I was, oh yeah, teaching.

After work, I headed straight to tennis practice where I worked out a bit with the girls. While I am still pretty darn crappy at tennis, I do have to say that I think I'm getting a bit better, and I really, really like it. I want to practice more, for sure.

Then I ran a few quick errands before heading home to finish packing. I crammed so much in my little suitcase, y'all: you'd be impressed.

I then painted my nails (holla!), wrote a couple of posts that will publish while I'm out o' town, and grabbed dinner.

Now, I should be heading to bed, but I'll probably get a few other things done first. After all, I'll have plenty of time to sleep on the plane tomorrow! Yay!

Breakfast:



This picture looks pretty icky, but I promise it tasted delicious. I sauteed onions and mushrooms in ghee, just like I did yesterday (oh, so good), and then scrambled them with three eggs and half an avocado. It was awesome.

Lunch: It was not a pretty picture, but again, it tasted super yummy. I ate two compliant hot dogs, a bowl of sauerkraut, and some mango slices. It was totally random (trying to use up some fridge food before I leave) and totally tasty.

Dinner:



Again, I didn't want to buy new food and/or have leftovers when I head out of town, so I headed out to Chipotle for a burrito bowl (minus the rice and beans).

I felt like I was tempting fate a bit since my lips turned into Angelina Jolie's last time I ate this meal, but so far, I'm just fine!

And, the food was so good (and I was apparently so hungry) that I pretty much inhaled it in a whole three minutes.


I hope you all had a wonderful day, too! While I have posts scheduled for each morning that I'm gone, I'm not certain how often I'll be able to write in the evenings. Try not to miss me too much!

Peace out. :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment