Monday, January 2, 2012

Jello Arms

Tonight's post is going to be fast and picture-less, so I apologize in advance.  It's been a super hectic day, starting with our first day back to school.  After school, I had a meeting, followed by picking up BFF from the airport, followed by my first day of boot camp (more on this later), followed by cooking a healthy dinner, followed by carting a heavy desk downstairs and a brand-new bookshelf upstairs, followed by freelance work, followed by this.

I am one tired girl.

The Abs Diet went super well today.  I started off the morning with a Halle Berry smoothie, which consisted of skim milk, oatmeal, berries, and vanilla protein powder.  I was worried it wouldn't fill me up, but I was stuffed until it was time for my morning snack: a hard-boiled egg and a whole-wheat English muffin.  I was so full from breakfast, in fact, that I only ate a couple of bites of the English muffin.  For lunch I had Hoppin' John (leftovers) doused in Louisiana hot sauce.  My afternoon snack was Tailgate Mix, which is almonds, pecans, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, some yummy spices, and maple syrup.  Even though I burned it, it was delicious.  I also scarfed down some celery before bootcamp.  Dinner was mahi-mahi topped with a blueberry-mango salsa and Brussels sprouts; I will definitely be making this again.  I actually skipped my evening snack because dinner was super late, but I'm kind of getting hungry now.  Uh oh.

I took my vitamins as planned, but I didn't drink enough water.  Tomorrow, tomorrow.

And now for the moment you all have been waiting for: boot camp.  O...M...G.  I'm going to be a hurting girl tomorrow.  First, I was a smidge late due to my run to the airport, but I arrived just in time for the photo op and the measurements (lucky me).  It was horrifying, and I'm pretty sure the sports bra + spandex volleyball shorts gave the photographer a nightmare, as I looked like a sausage.  Oh "after" picture will look that much better.  :)

Following that tragic experience, I did "20-12's."  Essentially, there were two stations: one with pull-ups and triceps dips, one with kettlebell squats and sit-ups.  For the first station, we had to do 20 triceps dips and 12 pull-ups (with the use of a bungee cord) in as many sets as we could in six minutes.  Let me tell you: not fun.  The second station was the same, but it was 20 squats and 12 sit-ups.

My arms are absolute jello.  I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to move them to wash my hair tomorrow, especially after carrying the desk and bookcase down/up stairs.


I am sincerely sorry for this lackluster post.  I will try to incorporate pictures and more random details tomorrow, but I am absolutely exhausted right now.  Off to bed I go!  G'night!


  1. Ahh so excited to start my workouts now!!! Keep me posted on how you feel tomorrow. - kw

  2. You are awesome! What an incredible first day! I can't wait to hear more - GO EMILY!