Friday, January 13, 2012

Flippin' Out

As you know from the week's previous posts, this has been a long one.*  But, now it's the weekend, and I have absolutely nothing to do.  I am so excited to lay on my couch in my underwear and drool on myself all weekend.

Well, after my workout tomorrow morning and my Sunday run, that is.  Oh, and after my run to the mall to pick up my new contacts and a couple of plain black shirts (more on that later).  Also, after I put together the vacuum and scour the house.  Oh, and figure out next weeks meals and go grocery shopping.  And after I grade about 75 essays.

Although that seems crazy-ridiculous, it's actually a pretty darn low-key weekend, and I'm super pumped.

Today started out with an Almond Joy smoothie; really, it tastes like chocolate milk.  I highly recommend it.  After that is when the failure happened: I had sushi for lunch.  While I intended to order a squid salad and my own roll (likely spicy tuna), I instead went in on six rolls with my three friends.  Unfortunately, some rolls had cream cheese, some had tempura, and only two were really "healthy."  Wah wah.

But, I didn't have a morning snack, and I didn't have an afternoon snack.  Again, I know this is actually worse because it messes up the metabolism, but I need to justify my gluttony somehow.

My workout today was intense.  First of all, I cannot even tell you how many squats I have done in the last week.  My quads and booty are totally feeling it.  Second, look at what I did today:

Source
I turned into a ripped man!  Or...I flipped a tire.  Yep, another woman and I worked together to flip a tire this size not once, not twice, but four times.

It's kind of ridiculous, but I felt so accomplished afterwards!  I mean, I flipped a freakin' tire!

While partners were busy tire-flipping and we were waiting our turn, we did an AMRAP of different exercises, 13 times each.  I will try to remember (and find pictures!) of all of them:

  • Kettlebell squat press
  • Kettlebell clean
  • Sumo squat high press
  • Body blasts - essentially you stand with feet hip-width apart and with the kettlebell toward the outside of one foot.  You squat to pick up the kettlebell and stand upright, squat with the kettlebell to your chest in the middle and stand upright, and squat to set the kettlebell down next to your other foot and stand upright.  Lather, rinse, repeat.
  • Double crunches

  • Hip bridge with leg raises


I think I'm forgetting some exercises, but I'm really tired; forgive me.

Anyway, after 13 minutes of that fun, we started our kickboxing portion of the class.  If I remember correctly, this only lasted ten minutes.  We had five pyramids to complete on the bag and had 60 seconds to complete each pyramid; the pyramids included jabs, crosses, hooks, uppers, roundhouses, knee-strikes, sit-ups, jumping Jacks, triceps dips, etc.  While one partner was on the bag, the other was either holding a squat (for 60 seconds), doing push-ups (for 60 seconds), or holding a plank (for 60 seconds).

Also, I have to tell you that I'm already feeling stronger.

However, it's also quite evident when I am not "fueled" enough for a workout.  I was feeling completely out of fuel - not necessarily hungry and not necessarily weak from the workout but rather just weak because of lack of food.  It's hard to explain...

When I finished my workout, I went straight to the nail salon (because I'm classy like that) and got the second half of my manicure - I went dark gray this time, and it looks awesome.  Then I went home, heated up a serving of white chili, and promptly fell asleep to Grey's Anatomy, which means I missed not one but two of my friends' birthday parties.

I suck.

After about an hour of dozing, I woke up and made a Peach Regalia, another smoothie from the Abs Diet.  It was tasty but not my absolute favorite.  (I also guess-timated the measurements because I was lazy, so that may have caused it to not taste as amazing as it should have.)

One of the most exciting parts of my day was getting my Stella & Dot package in the mail - with 12 new pieces of jewelry.  I am so ridiculously excited, and I'll be sure to show it to you tomorrow.  And actually, that's why I'm heading to the mall to buy some plain black shirts.  I have some absolutely fabulous statement necklaces that will look rockin' with simple black tees, which I - shockingly - do not own.  Also on my list to buy: quite possibly a longer black cardigan.  I wear mine so much that it's kind of getting raggedy.

Anyway, I'm off to go to real sleep (instead of dozing in front of the TV sleep) now.  I'm absolutely wiped and have to wake up for an early boot camp!

G'night, y'all!

*That's what she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment