Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love Actually

February 14th: the single girl's nightmare.


Source
Side note: when googling "single on Valentine's Day" (I mean...I didn't do that...that'd be pathetic), I came across this gem of an article.  It is amazing.  I especially like #5.  In fact, I have a side story (to my side note) for you:


I may or may not have recently had an unreasonable crush on J.R. Martinez.  
Source
In fact, I "liked" him on Facebook, followed him on Twitter (I don't even tweet!), and was thisclose to sending him a letter expressing my undying love for him and explaining how perfect we would be together.  And then he had to go and knock-up his girlfriend.  Whatever.


I am currently accepting applications for another unreasonable celebrity crush.


But I digress completely.


What I was going to say is that I could spend this entire post telling you just how awful it is to be single and drenching your cat's fur with tears while watching The Notebook on Valentine's Day (what, just me?), I thought that I would instead make a list of everything that I love.


Source
I mean, "It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there.  [...]  If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around.”


My Family


My beautiful parents.
I just don't know where we get it.
I am blessed to have the bestest family in the entire universe.  It makes me sad that we are not in the same town anymore, and I really truly hope that someday we will be again because I love them more than the whole wide world.


My Future Sister-In-Law


She'll fit in just great, huh?
I can't wait for her to "officially" be a part of the family.  I love her to pieces and pieces and pieces.


My Sister From Another Mister




I am so thankful to have the bestest friend in the entire universe.  We can drive each other crazy yet love each other unconditionally more than anyone I know.  She is amazing, and I don't know what I'd do without her.


My Friends


Just another "family" dinner.
Kiara and me.
Mags and me.
Me and Mindy and Petra.
The grad school girls - some of them, at least.
My Cats




You can think I'm crazy all you want, but I don't care.  I love my cats.


My Students & Colleagues


Source
I get to teach the most wonderful students every single day, and I am so thankful.  Interestingly, yesterday I had an all-day meeting at one of the suburban schools, and I was shocked at the difference; it had been nearly ten years since I had been in a non-urban environment.  Suffice it to say, I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to teach where I do and work with the kids and the teachers that I do.


My Education




There are so many places in this world where education is not a possibility - either because of cost, location, gender, etc.  I am so grateful that I was able to go to school, receive a great education, and further my learning through various ventures.


My Jobs




I know it might be silly to be thankful for seemingly meaningless part-time jobs, but I really enjoy what I do - both with Stella & Dot and with LivingSocial - and they have both given me opportunities to do things I never thought possible.


My Health




This should probably be my number one thing that I love and am thankful for because little of this would be possible without it.  I am so blessed to be able to be as healthy and as active as I am, and I am so thankful since athletics are a huge part of my life.


Good Food




Mmm...  I love food.  Obviously.


Being Involved


Part of the Freedom Writer Teacher family.
Whether it's with Freedom Writers, Planned Parenthood, or See-Us Run Des Moines, I love, love, love doing what I can within my sphere of influence to make the world a better place for all individuals.


Love


I. love. love.


Source
I may not have "romantic" love right now, but I have a lot of love in my life.  And I love my life.  I love a lot of people, and a lot of people love me.


And you know?  What's meant to be will be - and I am okay with that.


Happy Valentine's Day.

2 comments:

  1. Best post yet! You are so loved and important to so many people. oxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you know how well-loved you are!

    ReplyDelete