Sunday, February 5, 2012

Fab Ab February

I keep forgetting to share this with y'all:


I read about this challenge on Showing Up, my mom's blog.  She challenged her readers to complete this month-long program with her, so naturally, I took her up on this.

I don't shy away from a challenge.

And sit-ups?  Push-ups?  Planks?

Pssh.  Piece o' cake.

Sure, I can do 'em.  But, I definitely need to do more of 'em.  My abs are already looking pretty good from boot camp, but I know that with continued work, they can look fabulous.  And that's what this challenge promises, right?

Excellent.

So I started this on February 1st.  But, then I spaced off on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.  So today, the 5th, I did the previous three days with approximately two minutes between each set of three.  In total, I did 60 sit-ups, 17 push-ups, and 55 seconds of planks this evening.

And, naturally, I had help:


A certain girl kitty was doing "sit-ups" with me, while a certain cat of the male variety was all up in my business:


Good thing they're cute.

(Note: when I say "push-ups," I really mean "girl push-ups."  I think those count just fine - for now, at least.)

Post below if you're going to be starting this challenge with me and Mama B.  The more, the merrier!  And what is your favorite exercise?  

I personally prefer regular ol' sit-ups, but I feel like there are others that really get my abs achin' even more: Russian twists, bicycles, mountain climbers, etc.  With this whole challenge, though, I'm looking forward to working up to that two-minute plank.  I feel like it's going to be killer.

And I'm going to love it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment