Monday, April 29, 2013

Just Another Manic Monday

Today was a super busy day, but it was a great one.

First, it started with the biggest butt-kicking I've ever had at Farrell's.  Seriously, I think our instructor wanted me to either a.) throw up, b.) pass out, or c.) die.  I'm not sure which one was her goal, but I was close to all three.

If someone else tells me to do a squat jump or a plank or a mountain climber or a fire hydrant, I might still throw up, pass out, and/or die.

But anyway...

I'm heading to Chicago tomorrow after school and will not be back until late Friday.  (Do not fret: there will be posts up while I'm gone.  I wouldn't want to disappoint my thousands of fans mom.)

As a result of the pending trip, my day has been jam-packed.  At school, I was feverishly trying to compose sub notes, grade miscellaneous assignments, email directions to various colleagues, clean my classroom, pack the supplies I'd need for the conference, make copies of everything my kiddos would need while I was gone, etc.  While it made the day fly by, it also made for an exhausting several hours.

After school, I headed to the nail salon.  I mean, I couldn't very well head to the big city with raggedy nails, could I?!  I also hit up Target for some last-minute supplies, including healthy snacks and, of course, a brand new scarf.

Because you know what I need?  More scarves.


In my defense, though, I saw this scarf months ago but "didn't need it" and left without it.  I thought about it and thought about it and thought about it some more, and I decided that I did, in fact, "need" that scarf.  So, I went back to Target to get it.  And when they didn't have it, I went back again.  And then I went to another Target.  Again.

And again.

And again.

I had totally resigned myself to the fact that this must've been a mystery scarf, that it must have been a figment of my imagination, and that I was just out of luck.

And then today, I saw it -- and threw it in my basket so fast that it didn't even know what hit it.

(Yes, I just spent three minutes writing about a scarf.  You're welcome.  But just wait 'til you see it: you'll understand.)

When I got home from the nail salon, Target, and the bank, I packed up my cooler, loaded my suitcase, and crammed a string-bag full of water bottles, tennis shoes, and resistance bands.  Good thing we're taking an SUV to Chi-town because whoa: apparently I'm going to need the space.

As I was sitting on the couch contemplating what to do for dinner (my meal plan was a little empty this week due to leaving tomorrow), The Boy suggested we head out for a dinner date.  At first, this stressed me out, as I was panicking over what the heck I could order.

Then, I decided to say "screw it" (kind of) since I'd be ditching him for four days and kinda wanted to hang out with the dude.

We checked out a few menus online and settled on Noodles & Company, which is conveniently located just a couple minutes away.

I opted for a small Whole-Grain Tuscan Linguine:


For 350 calories, 38 grams of carbs, and 12 grams of protein, I figured this was totally do-able.

And whoa, was it good.

We had an absolutely lovely evening dining on the patio and chatting about (as usual) the most random topics.  I sure love The Boy and might miss him a teensy tiny bit while I'm out of town.

Therefore, I'm going to go hang out with him now.

Peace out, yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment