Sunday, April 14, 2013

Best Burger

Hello, hello, hello!

I have yet another delicious recipe for you to try...tonight.

Courtesy of the best, most realistic "fad" diet around, I present to you The Official Abs Diet Burger (with a side of roasted asparagus and grape tomatoes):


Here's what you'll need (as always, please look at the original recipe for measurements):


  • Rolled oats
  • Reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese
  • Onion
  • Egg
  • Lean ground beef
  • Spinach
  • Pepper
  • Salt

Now, the recipe is super complicated.  Are you ready?

Dump all of those ingredients into one bowl:


Mush together.  (I used a wooden spoon to start mixing and quickly realized that my good old-fashioned hands would do the trick a lot better.)

Now, form four patties from the mixed together mess that you just created:


Heat up a grill pan over medium-high heat, and plop those bad boys on the stove:


I discovered that I made my patties too thick and would've probably been better off making six to eight smaller patties -- or simply smooshing the patties down a lot more.

In addition, they do fall apart somewhat easily while flipping (simply due to the loads of extra ingredients), so take that into consideration and only flip when necessary.

To prepare the veggies, line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil to minimize clean up, spread the asparagus and tomatoes (or green beans, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, whatev) out, spray them with some olive oil, and sprinkle with lots of herbs and spices.  I generally opt for salt, pepper, oregano, tarragon, rosemary, cayenne, or any variation of the aforementioned.  Throw it all in the oven at 350 for 15-20 minutes, and you have yourself a yummy, low-calorie side dish:


Here's the breakdown for the burger (including Sara Lee 80 Calories & Delightful wheat bun) and veggies:

  • Calories: 367
  • Carbs: 25g
  • Fat: 14g
  • Protein: 33g

Again, since I'm shooting for 14-18 grams of protein per meal, it probably would've been better for me to make smaller patties.  Oh well.

Seriously, this might be the best burger I have ever had, and The Boy (who is a huge fan of greasy burgers) loved it as well.  It'll certainly make the rotation, as it almost feels like "cheat" food.

Make this ASAP -- and let me know how you like it.  :)

I'm off now to rock out with Bon Jovi.  Check ya lata!

No comments:

Post a Comment