Friday, April 5, 2013

Bookends

When I initially restarted the blog, I did not anticipate simply bookending the work week with blog posts.  I honestly thought that I would be able to wake up early and work out, go to work, come home, blog, cook, hang out with The Boy, and go to sleep.

Unfortunately (and obviously), that has not been the case.

Cracking me up!
See, this week has been quite the adjustment.  I have been absolutely exhausted as soon as I come home from school -- and actually, the exhaustion really sets in immediately after lunch.  I really need an afternoon pick-me-up, so if anyone has any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it.  When I get home, I relax for all of 30 minutes prior to cooking dinner, and by the time The Boy and I have eaten and cleaned up, I am absolutely pooped and, if I stay awake, kind of just want to chill with my boyfriend.

I'm hoping that the coming week is much less busy so that I can blog more regularly, but if I find it is, in fact, exhausting me like this past week was, I am going to have some spare posts written this weekend and ready to go.

You can thank me later.

Before signing off for this evening (yes, I still have to wake up before the crack of dawn on Saturdays), I'm going to leave you with a few highlights from the week:

  • The Boy and I prepared a couple of delicious meals: Balsamic-Glazed Skirt Steak and Avocado-Mozzarella-Bruschetta Chicken.  Look for recipes to come soon.
  • I went to every single workout and kicked major butt with my meal plan.  Today was really tough for some reason (I just want some bad-for-you carbs!), but I have yet to stray at all this week.  And despite tomorrow being my free day, I'm planning on eating relatively healthfully, at least until The Boy and I go on date night and I make him buy me fro-yo.
  • Not only did The Boy and I go for a hike on Sunday, but I also went for a walk with one of my grad-school girls, and The Boy and I headed out on a four-mile, super-hilly bike ride this evening.
  • Last night I attended the first annual teen poetry slam in Des Moines, and it was pretty freakin' awesome.  One of my all-time favorite students was one of the top six selected to compete in Brave New Voices in Chicago, so that was pretty darn cool.

See you tomorrow with a recap of how Farrell's has been going and whatever else comes to mind between now and then.  :)



Don't forget to like my page on Facebook, follow my fitness and food boards on Pinterest, and be my friend on My Fitness Pal (by searching for emmy815 with the email address of embolism815@gmail.com).

G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment