Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Trivia Tuesday

Today is Tuesday, and that can only mean one thing: Trivia Tuesday!  Team Booze Clues did not do so great this week, but I thought I might start a new tradition on The Swallow Flies: Tuesday Trivia - all related to me, of course.  :)

Today's fun fact: I cannot fall asleep if my closet door is open, even a crack.  Regardless of how warm and cozy I am in bed, regardless of how absolutely exhausted or icky I feel, I will crawl out of bed to close the door.

The day started out just the same as it always does: pressed snooze through several alarms, hurried to get ready, and grabbed the easiest thing imaginable for breakfast.  Today, that involved a Chobani yogurt (honey) mixed with some Honey Nut Cheerios.  It was yummy.

Because I had approximately a bazillion spring rolls leftover from last night, I brought them to school and shared with some friends.  Naturally, everyone loved them, and I now have my spring roll fix!

While running an after-school study session with some of my colleagues, I munched on the baby carrots I bought before school yesterday.  I'm pretty sure those are my favorite veggie - and they are such a good snack food.  I think I really just like the noise - the crisp snap - they make.

It had been a few days since I had worked out (um, lazy much?), so I headed straight to the weight room after the study session ended.  It was fairly full with students, and I was awfully tired, so I did a circuit of arm weights and then called it good.  Really, I was in there for maybe 30 minutes tops, but I feel like I did a decent job with the weights.  Obviously I could've gotten some cardio in, but...

I'm not really sure what I should be doing with my foot.  Sometimes it hurts so bad that I can hardly gimp around, let alone walk, and other times it doesn't hurt all that bad.  While it always hurts horribly after overuse (i.e. my soccer games and neighborhood runs), it sometimes hurts when I'm doing nothing. I don't know...what kind of exercising do you think I should be doing?

I finally got home around 4:45 or so and rested for awhile before doing the T part of the routine and then meeting BFF out for dinner.  We were contemplating cooking tonight but then decided that if we go somewhere cheap for dinner, it'd cost just as much (if not less than) cooking, and we'd both get to relax a bit.  Star Bar called our names!  I ordered the vegetable and goat cheese panini with French fries - but didn't eat 'em all!  And I had a glass of red wine because, you know, it's good for you.  :)

And then we lost at trivia.  Wah, wah, wah.

Sorry for the lack of pictures this evening - and the lack of the grand total.  I am just so freakin' exhausted.  Anyone have a solution to that?!  I keep looking ahead for a respite, but I can't seem to find one.  I have a wedding this weekend, an out-of-town wedding the following weekend, one weekend free, and then a weekend in North Dakota.  On my weekend off as well as every week night in the foreseeable future, I will be working on a grant application for work, grading papers, and planning lessons.  I really want to get caught up on Glee and Grey's Anatomy, but I just don't think that's going to happen - I mean, I can prioritize...sometimes.

I am very, very stressed.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment