Thursday, September 16, 2010

Kung Pao This!

I cannot even tell you how excited I am for the weekend.  For some reason I am absolutely exhausted today!  It was a rough one!

Like yesterday, it was a late start to the morning; I brought a peanut butter chocolate chip Larabar for breakfast and ate it around 10:30.  Oops.  It was delicious, though - probably because I was starving!

It was quite the start to the school day, though - not a whole lot of time to eat.  Similar to the Freedom Writers but on a much smaller scale, a lot of drama that has been happening in our city transferred into the classroom.  I'm just hoping it'll calm down soon.  After that commotion, a few somewhat scary medical issues arose in my classroom, so dealing with that always makes teaching not-so-easy.  Oh well - c'est la vie.

I brought my leftover Kung Pao shrimp for lunch today - and remembered to take a picture!  Lucky you!


Okay, so maybe it's not the best picture, but it was pretty darn delicious.  And spicy!  My mouth was totally on fire!  As you can see, the dish was loaded with veggies, cashews, and some shrimp - I thought there could've been more, but...

I finished up the school day and went home for a total of one hour - and ate a yummy snack:


I toasted a thin bun and smothered on a bit of chocolate peanut butter - it was amazing and very, very filling.  I topped off my afternoon snack with a refreshing drink:


Yes, it may say, "Alcohol! The cause of and solution to all of life's problems," but it's my favorite mug.  It was my 21st birthday gift from my little brother - and I use it all the freakin' time.  Today's beverage of choice?  Cherry Kool-Aid.  YUM.

Work wasn't finished, though: after I finished my snack, I headed to Subway to pick up the grub for Family Night.  I pulled up in my little Corolla, and the guy was like, "Are you planning on fitting all of this food in that car?"  Um...duh.  I understood what he was saying, though, when he brought all the food out:


That is looking in the passenger-side door...


And there's the trunk.  LOTS of food - and we only had one box left at the end of the night and had to go out and buy more chips and cookies.  We had a great turn-out.

I'm guessing you can probably figure out what was for dinner tonight...  A turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread - I was shocked at how healthy that is for being fast food.

But, after a 13-hour day, I'm wiped.  Ab-so-lute-ly wiped.  So, I'm headed to bed!  G'night, y'all!

Today's grand total:

Calories: 1,460
Fat: 69.5 grams
Carbs: 124 grams
Protein: 97 grams

No comments:

Post a Comment