Monday, September 27, 2010

Just Another Manic Monday

Not so shockingly, I hit snooze three times before finally rolling out of bed at 6:15 to a delicious bowl of overnight oats.

Not so shockingly, I forgot to take a picture.  I don't know what has come over me and the lack of photos lately!

School this morning went well - I hurriedly finished grading a stack of essays (I was such a slacker yesterday) while my amazing student teacher taught.  Thankfully, I finished them prior to the students leaving my class.  Phew.

I was nervous for lunch today, as I realized this morning that I had no food in my refrigerator.  I had one wedge of a leftover quesadilla, one apple, and two expired string cheeses.  So, I brought all three items to school for lunch today, and after eating a SOYJOY at 10:45 and the quesadilla wedge at noon, I was a "just perfect" full.

But again, no picture.  Oops.

After school we had our PROUD meeting.  Like I said last Monday, I am so excited for this year to get underway.  The kids are just phenomenal.  I recruited one of my Freedom Writer students as well as two of my ninth graders to come check it out, and all three of them LOVED it and expressed how excited they are for next week.  We've been talking about the community service projects we're interested in, the fundraising ideas we have, and the possible opportunities regarding travel and education that await.  I am pumped.

Following school was a trip to the grocery store.  I learned my lesson this morning!  However, one lesson I somehow have yet to learn: do not go to the grocery store on an empty stomach, because this is what you will bring home:


Yeah...an entire box of meringues.  At least they are low-calorie, and if this is the one unhealthy item I escape with, I guess we can call it success.


Okay, this might not look so weird to most of you, but here's a fun fact: I am not a fan of cantaloupe.  I am also not a fan of purchasing pre-cut fruit and veggies because I know the prices are jacked.  However, for some reason this looked really good - probably because I was famished.

After my trip to the store, I prepped dinner (explanation to follow) and then hit up the gym.  I went to the killer abs/back class again, but I was not as impressed as I was last time.  I'm sure I'll be dying tomorrow - hurting to laugh, sneeze, etc. - but it didn't seem as difficult today.  Maybe that's a good thing?  As it was only a 30-minute class, I decided to do some cardio after; however, when I got upstairs, I saw that the gym was not broadcasting Dancing with the Stars, and since I feared I was going to miss the magnificent Situation, I headed home instead.  If that's not dedication, I don't know what is.  :)

Source
For dinner tonight I cooked based on my student teacher's recommendation: wild rice and chicken salad:


OMG.  It was amazing, and I kind of want to eat more now.  :)  I chopped up three carrots (I think) and three celery stalks (I think), prepared one cup of wild/brown rice, and dumped all of that along with one package of salad-ready grilled chicken and half a cup of low-fat plain yogurt into a huge bowl and mixed it up.  And sampled, natch.  Then I toasted a thin bun and coated it with I-Can't-Believe-It's-Not-Butter spray and pretty much devoured it.  It was SO GOOD.  I think tomorrow for lunch I'll do the same thing but throw it over a bed of lettuce so that I get even more veggies.  While I didn't count the calories, et. al. for this meal, I am guessing it is pretty darn healthy.

But I'm guessing I should've stuck to one instead of 80 meringues.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment