Monday, April 9, 2012

Keep Calm

For the next 30 days, I will be participating in the WEGO Health Activist Writer's Month Challenge by blogging about a predetermined topic each morning.  Please visit http://blog.wegohealth.com to learn more - and please check back each evening for your regularly scheduled programming.

You've all seen the "Keep Calm and Carry On" posters (and likely 80 variations thereof).  Personally, these sayings drive me absolutely crazy.  I don't know what my deal is, but I just cannot stand these things.  Unfortunately, the "assignment" for today's WEGO post was to create our very own version of the trendy visual.

Lovely.

Because I don't like to follow rules (clearly: I skipped the past two days of the challenge), I did not make one poster but instead made three - which, now that I think about it, is quite odd for someone who strongly dislikes these things.

Oh well.

You can thank me later.

First:


This completely sums up my blog (not my weekend, but that's a story for tonight's post).  A healthy life is - generally - a calm one.  (Unless, of course, you're me: then a crazy, hectic, stressful life is a healthy one.  Or something like that.)


Second:



As you know, I have become quite obsessed with the CrossFit Workouts of the Day.  I hate missing workouts with the boys and am loving what those workouts are doing to my body.  Why didn't I start this sooner?!


And finally:



I feel like this is something my mom says to me all the time.  Just. Breathe.  Everything will be okay if you just breathe.  Whenever my students are upset, I tell them to take deep breaths.  Whenever I am angry or frustrated, I tell myself to take deep breaths.  It's amazing what just breathing can do for a person.

So, there you have it.  Copyrights coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment