Thursday, April 5, 2012

Double Dose of Days

I am pooped.

Yesterday was a looooooong day, as evidenced by last night's post.  Oh, there wasn't a post last night?  That's right: it was a 14-hour day, and blogging just didn't happen.

Here's a rundown of Wednesday:
  • Woke up and made a Virgin Cabo Daiquiri (quite possibly my newish favorite meal)
  • Administered statewide tests
  • Was forced easily convinced by Mags to order sushi for lunch

Side note: we ordered carry-out from Sakari - their lunch special.  We each had five pieces of nigiri, a house roll (we both chose the dynamite roll), and a cup of miso soup.  For $12!  We will definitely be doing this again.

But I digress.  Let's continue with my schedule:
  • Participated in (and led) school-wide professional development
  • Went to the Loft to replace the sunglasses that I donated to the fishies in the Caribbean 

Side note: they're aviator-ish.  This is a new look for me - and I really like it.  Also, the sides are orange.  That means I'm cool, right?

Again, I digress.
  • Headed to Barnes & Noble for one book (Fifty Shades of Grey) that my book club is reading - and came away with this:
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (finally in paperback!);  Tweak (so that maybe I can better understand my kiddos with addiction issues); and Looking for Alaska (because I heard John Green is phenomenal).
Side note: I am trying to be smart and actually created a budget for myself (I need me some travel money!).  So much for the "books" portion of the budget this month, I suppose.

Again, I digress.
  • Headed to a meeting for Planned Parenthood.  I am now serving on another committee (which is even bigger than the first), and I'm super excited for everything we have in store.
  • Went to bowling and ignored my "no-drinking-until-the-half-marathon" plan and had two beers.
Side note: please notice that it is now 9:30 p.m., and I have not eaten dinner.  Yes, I had a Kind Bar and an apple at 6:15, but I was famished by the time bowling ended.  So...
  • Hit up Taco John's (yes, I nearly just puked a little typing that) for a grilled burrito and potato oles.
Side note: that poor decision (in addition to the two beers at bowling) left me feeling absolutely dis-gust-ing today.  

Lesson learned.

Today was also a busy day.  It started with a Kind Bar and a Diet Mountain Dew for breakfast.  (What is with these poor choices?!  I have not had soda in for-ev-er, and it just makes me feel icky.  I really needed caffeine, though, and spaced off on making coffee this morning.  Oops.)

For lunch, I had leftover garlicky shrimp and an apple.  If you haven't made the shrimp yet, put it on your meal plan - stat.  It is sooooooo good and sooooooo easy.

After school, I met with my good friend CE regarding the marathon, school stuff, and life stuff, and then I headed to CrossFit with the boys.  

Unfortunately, I was a bit late (and we were short a treadmill), so I had to improvise.  I started doing ab work with the boys.  We were to do ten sets of ten leg raises and ten toe touches, but I lost count.  I also added some obliques, some crunches, and some knee-ins.  About halfway through the ab work, I ran a half mile at a decent pace (and without hurting too badly!) and got straight back to abs.  When the boys finished their ab work and went for their second 800 meters on the treadmill, I hit up the rowing machine and finished 800 meters there.

It was a pretty good workout, but I feel like they keep getting easier.  Maybe it's because we just keep getting beastier.

After CrossFit, I changed back into my work clothes (because I like to keep it classy) and headed to the nail salon.  I let my nails grow out about three weeks and then get them redone.  I know this is an expense that I just don't need, but if I don't have acrylics, my OCD makes me pick/bite/tear at my nails until they all look exactly the same.  Essentially, this means that they all look exactly the same because they are as short as they can possibly be without drawing blood.

Sounds attractive, right?  Exactly.  That's why I spend the $20 (including tip) every three weeks.

Mags came over for dinner tonight, and we made tilapia with a blueberry-mango salsa, sided with roasted asparagus.

Mmm, mmm, mmm.

After a delicious dinner and fantastic conversation (per usual), we decided that what we really needed was Dairy Queen.  I just could not resist the cravings any longer.  I tried the Peanut Butter Blast, and it was to. die. for.  And oh, so worth it.

The night ended with a trip to the High Life Lounge downtown to meet up with one of Mags' friends and have one drink.

Shockingly, we actually stuck to the one drink limit we had set for ourselves.

Because you know what doesn't go together?  Beer and ice cream.

Lesson from the previous day: re-learned.

G'night, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment