Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Brief Recap

You know how I always say the daily recap is going to be short because I'm really tired?

And then you know how they always end up "normal" length?

Well, tonight's is going to really be short.

This morning started with Bruegger's: a Skinny Zesty Egg White Sandwich.  Unfortunately, this is no longer on the menu, and there weren't any five-grain everything bagels.  I was super bummed.  The sea salt and cracked pepper bagel just didn't do it for me.  And also probably explains why I have been so stinkin' thirsty all day long.

School was fine: nothing super exciting.

I skipped CrossFit today, however, because it was the first day of See-Us Run Des Moines!  I was so excited to get back in the groove, and this afternoon did not disappoint.  While we didn't do a whole lot of running (maybe a mile total), we had quite a good workout of drills: high knees, butt kicks, karaoke, high skips, push-ups, sit-ups, squats, and lunges.  We had a really good turn-out of kids, too, so that made it even better.

It's going to be a good year.  :)

After, I came home and noshed on some chips and salsa because I knew Mags and I were going to be doing a late dinner.  I also worked on lots of writing - get excited.

I had fully planned on running to Mags' house and walking/running back, but I was too distracted by writing that I missed my planned departure time and figured it'd be too dark by the time we were finished eating to run home safely.  So, I drove.  Oh well.

Mags cooked a delicious meal:


We had a turkey burger (that was smashed full of mushroom, cilantro, and onion) atop an Ezekiel English muffin and topped with avocado - alongside roasted cabbage that, I swear, could be candy.  It was so ridiculously good.

For dessert, we tried something new to both of us:



Frozen kefir.  Interestingly, I had just read an article about how kefir is one of the newest super foods.  Just check out these nutritional stats:


And the probiotic information:


If you've never tried it, go out and find some frozen kefir.  Now.

Dare I say it?  It may have been tastier than ice cream.

I know, right?!

After a fabulous dinner and even better conversation with Mags, I headed home, finished up some writing, and am about ready to go crash.  Cross your fingers I sleep well tonight: last night I was asleep by 10:30 and then up at 12:30 ready to start my day.

Um, WHAT?!

Positive vibes would be much appreciated.  K thanks.

Peace out, yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment