Saturday, April 14, 2012

Daydream Believer

For the next 30 days, I will be participating in the WEGO Health Activist Writer's Month Challenge by blogging about a predetermined topic each morning. Please visit http://blog.wegohealth.com to learn more - and please check back each evening for your regularly scheduled programming.

dream | drēm | 
noun
a series of thoughts, images, and sensations occurring in a person's mind during sleep

While some people may opt to fly across the world, meet Ryan Reynolds, or have a 24-hour party on their dream day, I would choose something far more low-key, something I'd do on a normal weekend day.

First, I would sleep in until about 8:00, and then I would call Mags or Kiara and head out the door for a long run.  

Why would I run on my dream day, you ask?  First, it is a great time to have conversation with good friends.  Second, I always, always, always feel better after a run.

Source
After a nice, long shower and a little bit of lounging around, I would go to breakfast with BFF and indulge in enough carbs and grease to more than make up for every calorie lost during the run.

We would then run errands, likely wandering around Super Target for way too long, laughing at our own goofy jokes, and buying scarves and sunglasses and flip-flops that we don't need.


Then, I would somehow get my mom and my sister to Des Moines, and we would head to lunch and go shopping, trying on clothes and shoes, buying new lipgloss and eyeliner, and spritzing on enough designer fragrances to give us headaches.


Eventually, I would head home and relax, likely watching dozing off to a marathon of Law and Order: SVU.  

Finally, I would wake up, and I would end the day with my friends on the Dos Rios patio, eating too much guacamole and drinking too much sangria, before heading to the Simon Estes Amphitheater for a show (Mat Kearney, preferably), watching the sunset over downtown Des Moines.


Thankfully, my dream day - at least portions of it - happens quite often.

I am a lucky, lucky girl.

1 comment:

  1. My dream day would totally involve Super Target as well as a run. I would buy one of those big frozen coke things they sell at the little Target restaurants.

    ReplyDelete