Monday, April 16, 2012

Fitness Pinned Down

For the next 30 days, I will be participating in the WEGO Health Activist Writer's Month Challenge by blogging about a predetermined topic each morning. Please visit http://blog.wegohealth.com to learn more - and please check back each evening for your regularly scheduled programming.

As if I don't have enough obsessions on the Internet (stalking friends on Facebook, stalking celebrities on Twitter, stalking bloggers on blogspot and wordpress, etc.), they had to go and invent something to trump 'em all: Pinterest.  Ugh.

Whenever I have a few minutes to spare, I log on to Pinterest and, after judging looking at everything my friends pinned, I search two categories: prints & posters (as many of you know, I'm a sucker for inspirational quotes) and fitness.
 
 
Incidentally, when I saw today's WEGO "assignment," I was thrilled: I have to share with you three pins that illustrate my health focus?  Twist my arm!
 
First, I clicked over to my "yummy" board where I share food that looks delicious and (mostly) nutritious: for example, this mango blueberry quinoa salad.
<> <> <> 
Source
I love food, and I have been striving to eat as healthfully as possible.  Resources such as Pinterest help greatly in that endeavor, as I get bored easily with eating the same thing day in and day out.  I am always looking for new recipes and ideas.

Second, I pinned a CrossFit poster from CrossFit 515 box:
<> <> <> <>
Source
 Again, as most of you know by now, my daily workouts with my colleagues are something that I absolutely love. I'm totally digging the definition I've been developing in my upper body and the feeling of increased strength in my lower body.  As See-Us Run Des Moines gets up and running (literally), doing CrossFit daily is going to become more and more difficult, but I am hoping to maintain some sort of schedule/routine regardless.
 
 
Third, I pinned my goal: a picture of an athlete.
<> 
Source
My goal through healthy living - eating foods with strong nutritional value, doing cardio and strength training, etc. - is not to walk the runway like Gisele or Heidi, is not to wear a size 00 like Paris and Mary Kate.  My goal through healthy living is to look strong, to look fit, and more importantly, to be healthy.
 
 
I love the picture of this woman.  She is absolutely ripped, but she still looks like a woman: she has curves, she has definition, she is beautiful.  And she is that way because she worked hard.  I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment