Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Whole30 -- Day 3

Pity party, table for one.

While the day started off just fine, I have to admit, I'm kind of down tonight. I sat down for dinner at my dining room table (something I'm trying to do every night in order to actually think about eating and to enjoy my food), and it just seemed like a really pathetic scene to me: I had set the table (pretty placemat included), had plated my food in a photo-worthy manner, was listening to some calming music...and was sitting all alone.

I've been reflecting on how emotionally-charged food/eating is, and I think it just really got to me tonight: meals are meant to be shared with people you love, not to be eaten alone.

And then this song came on:


And it got even more pathetic all up in here.

So yes: pity party, table for one (quite literally).

Breakfast: I totally spaced on taking a picture of breakfast this morning, but I bet you can envision it. I sauteed a handful of mushrooms with a diced green pepper and scrambled that with three eggs. Then I topped that deliciousness with a sliced avocado and a healthy dose of salsa.  It was crazy-good and kept me full until lunch, which wasn't until 12:30 today.

Lunch: I didn't forget to take a picture per se, but I didn't think I needed to since it was simply last night's leftovers: grilled salmon with avocado salsa, roasted broccoli, and roasted sweet potato.

Dinner:


Tonight I made Plaid and Paleo's Paleo Sun-dried Tomato- & Artichoke-Stuffed Chicken and sided it with roasted Brussels sprouts and a few olives. This was the only meal thus far that I did not finish completely. It was super good, but it was really filling, and I wasn't super hungry (likely due to my emotions). I ended up tossing a chunk of prosciutto, a few Brussels sprouts, and a few olives.

Physically: Like yesterday, I still have a twinge of a headache, but I don't know if that's related to my diet, my emotions, or what. And also like yesterday, my tummy is going absolutely crazy. It sure is doing its job of flushing out the toxins, that's for sure...

Emotionally: I'm not feeling cranky per se, but as you can tell from above, I'm feeling just a bit blah. Again, I don't think that's necessarily because I'm "dying" without sugar and Taco John's but rather because of recent events.

Cravings: I still don't feel like I'm craving anything, which is definitely good. However, there were a couple of times today where I was like, Mmm...I want that. The first was when I went into an adjacent room at school to microwave my lunch, and a student was eating a Smore's Pop Tart; I definitely do not eat a lot of Pop Tarts on a regular basis, but wow, that looked tasty. The second time was when I went to my afternoon meeting, and MB brought Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for everyone. All I wanted to do was stare at and smell those tiny little pieces of heaven. So, that's what I did!

I was supposed to go bowling this evening, but I opted to stay home and let my back rest up a bit more. While it's feeling much better than it did yesterday and especially the two days prior, it's still far from perfect, and I'm pretty sure throwing a 12-pound ball repeatedly would not be the smartest choice. This is new to me, friends: usually I make stupid decisions and workout (not that bowling is a workout) before injuries are healed, thus injuring them more.

Progress, people: progress.

I feel like I already have a pretty good idea,
but it never hurts to dig a little deeper.
Tomorrow is a new day, yo. See you then!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment