Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Whole30 -- Day 2

Are you sick of Whole30 posts yet? No? Good -- you have at least 29 more posts like this to read. :)

In all seriousness, though, thank you for sticking around while I document my Whole30 journey. As I said in my previous post about the Whole9 factors, I seriously consider this blog my outlet and you readers my support system. So thank you.

Today, like yesterday, went well. I hope it's actually going well and I'm not just in the "so what's the big deal?" phase.

I decided that it would be best to document this journey in a succinct and uniform manner each day, using the following headings: breakfast, lunch, dinner, physical feelings, emotional feelings, and cravings.

Breakfast:


Breakfast today consisted of one link of chicken sausage (Whole30-compliant chicken sausage, of course), one egg, one green pepper, a handful of mushrooms, a handful of spinach, and a bit of salsa. It was tasty and kept me full until lunch (which was a longer stretch than yesterday).

Lunch:


Per usual, I ate last night's dinner leftovers for lunch today: Garbage Stir-Fry with Curried Cabbage and roasted Brussels sprouts. I also had my fruit serving for the day: a huge apple. I found it interesting how much faster organic apples "brown" than non-organic, preservative-filled ones do. Even though it looked different from my "normal" apples, it tasted spectacular.

Dinner:


I was nervous about dinner tonight, as I am always a bit hesitant cooking salmon. However, it turned out awesomely. I made Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa, roasted sweet potato, and roasted broccoli with lemon juice. That was a lot of food, but you'd better believe that I ate it all.

Physically: I'm not experiencing the carb flu (thank God). In fact, I feel pretty darn good. I'm a bit tired, but I think that's simply because it's the middle of the week, not because I'm not eating sugar. And I do have a bit of a headache, but again, I don't feel like that's necessarily related to a lack of carbs. My tummy has been a bit, um, different, but I know that that's a good thing, as it's getting rid of all the icky and making room for the good.

Emotionally: I'm great! I have spent the last several days reading up on the Whole30 program, devouring It Starts With Food, scouring the site for testimonials, trying to find critiques (to no avail). I am pumped to continue on this journey and cannot wait to see the slew of results that nearly everyone has achieved. Zero crankiness here, folks!

Cravings: None! I seriously don't feel like I'm missing anything -- yet. There have been some weird occurrences, though. For instance, I saw a Rice Krispies treat wrapper in the trash can at school, and I thought, "Hmm. That sounds kinda good." But that thought quickly disappeared. Pictures of cupcakes and cookies on Facebook look tasty, but I don't want to leap through my screen and inhale them. I think the most difficult thing craving-wise has been coming home from school and not immediately heading to the kitchen for popcorn, cottage cheese, cheese and crackers, etc. It's the habit rather than the craving that has even remotely gotten to me. But again, I quickly realize that I'm not really hungry and rather just wanting to eat out of routine.

So yes, overall, I'm doing really, really well. Yes, I understand I still have 28 days to go, but for now, I'm GREAT.  :)


I hope you all had a wonderful Tuesday!

Peace out.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment