Monday, August 30, 2010

Happy Monday!

I think I time-warped this morning because the seven hours I supposedly slept felt like about three.  I guess that's what a jam-packed weekend will do to a girl!  (Speaking of...  I never cease to be amazed by how icky my body feels after a weekend of not-so great eating and drinking.  This morning was no exception.  Lesson [hopefully] learned.)

After waking up in five-minute increments to my four alarm clocks, I finally awoke for real at 5:45, hopped in the shower, and made breakfast.  I tried something new today, courtesy of the wonderful blogs I follow (specifically Angela at Oh She Glows):


Pumpkin oats!  In the mix: 1/3 cup oats, 1/3 cup water, 1/3 cup UVAB, and 1/2 cup pumpkin.  Angela has so many recipes involving pumpkin, so yesterday I grabbed a big can and am attempting to work some magic.  As she says, it is such a great volume food.  However, I noticed that I was famished by about 10:45, so I was glad that I brought a SOYJOY (blueberry!) with me for a morning snack.

Speaking of bringing food to school with me, here's the loot:


I chugged the iced tea as soon as I got to school - I am in dire need of caffeine in the morning!  During my team's planning period, I ate the SOYJOY.  And for lunch, I inhaled the spring rolls + peanut sauce and the grapes.  It was just perfect!

Packed and ready to go!


When I finally got home from school at 5:00, I ate another SOYJOY (mango coconut!) and two string cheeses for some extra protein; I would've just made dinner, but I had to work out first and didn't want to be too full.  I was intending on an abs/back class followed by an hour-long yoga class, but I arrived at the Y to discover that the aerobics room was closed!  I almost headed home because I was ticked, but...instead...I did the elliptical from hell for 30 minutes, did an ab workout, and then worked out the arms.  While I definitely did not want to go, I'm really glad I did.

Side note: those of you who know me and my rampant OCD well will not be surprised by this.  When I go to the gym, I have to have the same locker - every single time.  I'm pretty sure that if "my" locker wasn't available, I'd just take my stuff out to my car.

I have to say: the dinner that I made tonight (prepped before the gym, eaten after) was AH-MAZE-ING:


Chicken Orzo Salad with Goat Cheese!  I adapted this recipe from Cooking Light by using spinach instead of arugula, omitting the red onion because I just don't like it, and guess-timating on most of the ingredients.  It was SO GOOD, and I can't wait until lunch (and dinner!) tomorrow to indulge again.

Another side note: my all-time favorite foods - sushi, spring rolls, and GOAT CHEESE.  Yum.

I'm going to cut this entry a bit short for a few reasons:

  1. The Real Housewives of New Jersey reunion show is on, and I can hardly stand it.  It's like a train wreck - and I love every minute of it.
  2. I "need" some ice cream.  I'm going to go grab a dessert from the fridge - don't worry: it's Weight Watchers.  :)
  3. I'm not totally prepared for school tomorrow.  Another teacher and I are working on a new reading intervention class, and I'm a little stressed about how that's going to go tomorrow - I need to hop to it!  But, on a similar note, get ready for a description (and pics!) of a fun activity tomorrow!  My kids are LOVING it so far!
*Yes, I do notice that I put Real Housewives above school work.  Oops.

Unfortunately, I don't have a "grand total" for today.  I could guess-timate, but I have no idea the nutritional value of the glass noodles or the rice paper for the spring rolls...  I'm sure I could figure it out somehow, but that sounds like it takes work.  :)  Maybe next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment