Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Classy Lady

Tonight I am blogging to you, dear readers (hi, Mom!), from bed.  I am oh-so-exhausted and can barely keep my eyes open, but I have to stick to my goal of writing every day!

I am so tired because today was jam-packed full of way too many activities.  First, I woke up (duh) and ate a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios and UVAB:


I can't even tell you how much I love cereal.  And even though Honey Nut Cheerios aren't the Lucky Charms, Cocoa Puffs, or Fruity Pebbles of my childhood, they are sweet enough for me - and the UVAB makes them even more delish.

The minute I slurped down the last of breakfast, I hit the road for school and was swamped all day: lesson planning and syllabus writing took all morning.  My breakfast fullness wore off at a strange time - about 10:30 or so - and I had a hard time deciding whether to eat the Larabar that I brought or to hold off until lunch.  When I almost threw up because of the hunger pang, I decided to inhale my midmorning snack.  :)


And that iced tea definitely helped in the energy boost!  This flavor of Larabar - cashew cookie - was not my favorite...  It didn't taste horrible, but it just didn't suit my palate.

Halfway through the morning, a drummer started practicing in the band room, which is, as you know, where I teach.  It was so loud - one drum, not the whole marching band - that I couldn't even hear my student teacher talking to me ten feet away.  I am so nervous for Thursday.

For lunch I met one of my best friends and colleagues downtown for lunch.  We ate at Baratta's at the top of the Historical Building in the East Village.  While everything on the menu looked absolutely delectable, I opted for the salmon salad with sesame dressing.  I am not a huge salmon fan by any stretch of the imagination, but this salad sounded soooooo good, so I went for it.  It definitely wasn't a mistake!  I wish I had had my camera with me - it was beautiful and tasted just as amazing.

Following the lunch "meeting," we attended a district-wide meeting regarding curriculum.  While I would've much rather spent the afternoon in my classroom, it was relatively productive, and I am excited for what's on my plate for the year.

Afternoon snack: two pieces of string cheese and a granny Smith apple.  (And I ran out of both and am almost out of Flatouts, so that means a trip to the grocery store tomorrow!)

The real fun started after school.  First up on the agenda: soccer practice!  I joined an adult, coed soccer league, and we had our first practice tonight.  Very few of us knew each other, but all of us got along superbly and had an absolute blast scrimmaging tonight.  However, we also all realized just how out of shape all of us geezers are!  We were pooped from playing a short-field game!

After soccer I quickly ran home, blow dried the sweat out of my hair (CLASSY), threw on some deodorant and perfume, grabbed my dinner, and skid-addled yet again...  After all, it is Trivia Tuesday!

I arrived to trivia shortly before it started and mowed down my second huge salad of the day:


Who brings a huge Tupperware full of salad and her own fork in a lunch sack to a bar?  This girl!  Tonight I topped it with the light balsamic vinaigrette again but also sloshed in some Rasta sauce.  O...M...G.  Yummy.

While we did not do well at trivia for the second week in a row, we are somehow in third place overall for August.  As next week is the final week, team Booze Clues had better bring it.

Because I have no idea the nutritional value of what I ate for lunch, I am not going to give you a grand total today.  Just know that I did a pretty darn good job.  :)

Nighty night!

No comments:

Post a Comment