Monday, June 24, 2013

Summer is Hard

I am a girl who thrives on routine.  I need a set schedule in order to stick to things, especially my fitness and meal plan.

While I have a set schedule regarding workouts and summer school, it does not seem to be enough of a schedule for me to keep myself accountable.  In the evenings, for instance, we have zero routine and instead stay up late sitting on patios, watching TV, and hanging out with friends.

I think the main problem is that there is just too much fun that happens during the summer, and that makes it difficult to stay on track.

For instance, there is Zoo Brew on Wednesdays, bike rides to Mullet's or the Cumming Tap (yes, Cumming is an actual town in Iowa, believe it or not), the Arts Festival this weekend, and so many chill patios with delicious cocktails and appetizers.

I have a hard time saying no.  And, frankly, during the summer, I just don't want to say no.

But, I need to exercise the ability to do so on a more regular basis.  Or, at least I need to work on being better when I don't say no (i.e. drinking loads of water and maybe one cocktail, ordering healthier food, etc.).  I feel like I have reversed some of the progress I have made with Farrell's in the last couple of weeks, and I am not back to where I was at this time last year, as evidenced by trying on fancy dresses for an event last week.

Today is Monday, and as my mom said yesterday (head over to her blog to wish her a happy birthday!), Mondays are perfect days to start anew.  So, here are my goals for the week:

Drink a lot of water.  I generally guzzle water like it's going out of style, but I have not had nearly enough in the last few days.  I need to really up the water intake.

Source
Workout six days per week and run at least one day (a minimum of three miles).  I am able to hit up Farrell's every day this week, which hasn't happened lately due to out-of-town travel, but I also need to increase my miles.  I am hoping to run a couple of half marathons in the late-summer and fall, so I need to get to work on that training.

Source
Limit myself to no more than two nights with booze (likely Wednesday and Saturday).  There is no need for me to have a fruity drink simply because I'm laying out at the pool.

Source
Allow myself no more than three out-to-eat meals.  I am having lunch with a former student on Wednesday, I am having dinner with family on Wednesday, and The Boy and I are going to have a date night on Friday or Saturday night, but other than that, I do not need to eat out.  After all, I buy groceries for a reason.

Source
Blog at least five times this week.  I hold myself accountable when I blog about what I eat and my fitness philosophies.  Therefore, I need to blog more regularly.

Source
So, keep me accountable, y'all!  Help me achieve these goals.  Thank you in advance.  :)

Stay tuned for progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment