Thursday, June 27, 2013

Note to Self

Working out in a non-air-conditioned gym is a lot easier at 5 a.m. when it is 70 degrees outside than it is at 4:30 p.m. when it is 95 degrees outside.

Yesterday, I decided that after a night of winning trivia (get at me!) and staying out too late, sleeping in a bit was a better option than waking up at 4:20 to hit the gym.  Apparently I should have checked the forecast for the day prior to making that decision.

It. was. brutal.

There were times that I seriously had to slow down for fears of passing out.  Apparently my "Level 10" for the day differs based on temperature of the room.

And I'm okay with that.  I'd prefer to stay conscious while exercising.

Note to self: don't sleep in on workout days in the summer.

It was so hot that when I got out to my car and tried to check my phone, this was the screen that I saw:


Oops.

Note to self: don't leave iPhone in the car in 95-degree heat.

And now on to a completely different topic: dinner.

I had fully intended to create another step-by-step recipe post for y'all based on last night's delicious dinner:

Huevos Rancheros Tacos and Roasted Peppers
But, as I started photographing the step-by-step process, it became quite clear that I was, essentially, chopping stuff and piling it on in various layers.  Clearly it is a super easy recipe that does not warrant it's own step-by-step process.

Anyway, ingredients you will need:

  • Corn tortillas
  • Mexican shredded cheese
  • Black beans
  • Avocado
  • Pico de gallo
  • Cilantro
  • Lime
  • Black pepper

Broil the tortillas until they are just a smidge on the crispy side and then top with cheese and beans and broil for another minute or so.  Then, top with a fried egg, pico de gallo, avocado, cilantro, and black pepper.  Serve with a lime wedge.



For the roasted peppers, I bought a bag of the mini peppers and cut them up on a foil-lined baking sheet, spritzed with olive oil, and roasted at 350 for about 20 minutes.  (This "recipe" was courtesy of my mom.)


Oh, and I was also famished after my evening workout and craving salt like it was going out of style, so I convinced The Boy to run down the street to Qdoba for some chips and queso:


As you can imagine, that didn't take much convincing.  We loooooooooooooove Qdoba's queso.

Please go make the huevos rancheros tacos ASAP.  They are easy, they are healthy (minus the queso), they are cheap, and they are so fresh -- the perfect summer meal.

Note to self: make these again next week.

Any delicious meals you've tried lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment