Thursday, June 13, 2013

Off Track

So, for ten weeks I kicked major butt.  I ate everything that I was supposed to, I rarely cheated (except for the occasional ice cream, darn it), and I worked out like a beast every single day (sometimes more than once).

June 1st was the culmination of those ten weeks of hard work, and I celebrated by running 12.4 miles.

The following week was reserved for recovery, both by choice and by necessity: it was the last week of school, and I had a heck of a lot of work to do and could not afford to be absolutely exhausted while grading hundreds of essays.  So, I took a few days off from working out.

While I have gone to the gym every day this week, I've only worked out a couple of times because I am supposed to be coaching the newbies and teaching them proper form rather than working out myself.  I've still managed to get a couple of good workouts in, but I should be attending later classes as well as running with the kids in the morning.

Oops.

Instead, not only has my bed been calling my name, but I think Netflix read my mind when it uploaded a new season of my current favorite show:

Don't judge.
Also, I want every outfit ever from this show.
Side note: I feel like I have been slipping in and out of a coma lately.  Whenever I come upon a break from school, whether it be winter, spring, or summer, I tend to get sick.  I think my body is just go-go-go-go-go for so long that when it finally gets a break, it realizes that it "has time" to get sick.  While my throat has been scratchy all week, I've just been feeling ridiculously run-down.  It's like my body waited until school was done, the party was over, and our out-of-town guest left before it decided to poop out.

But anyway...back to my unhealthy living as of late.

Finally, The Boy's BFF was in town from Friday until Tuesday, and while I had all good intentions on eating well, those fell by the wayside when we brought home leftover burgers, hot dogs, carne asada, chips, dips, cupcakes, and other deliciousness from the party.  It has been so much easier to grab a handful of chips and a chunk of cheese than make something healthy for lunch or for a snack or for dinner.

Plus, I'm going to be out of town this weekend for my sister's bridal shower, and I don't want to go to the store before I leave.  So, I've been scavenging through the cupboards for anything somewhat healthy -- to almost no avail.

I'm going to head to the store for a couple of things today and will make a decently healthy dish (vegetable and chicken fettucine from Better Homes and Gardens) that will last for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow.

And, I'm going to head out on a bike ride with one of my buddies today, so that will be a nice little extra workout.

Starting with a trip to the grocery store on Sunday and a normal week of workouts on Monday, I will be back in tip-top shape and ready to conquer (but first identify) some new goals to get me back on track and crazy-healthy.

But if you could all send me some motivation in the meantime, I would greatly appreciate it.  :)

What is your favorite quick, healthy, cheap (that party was expensive!) recipe?

Peace out, yo!

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain! It's so hard to get back on the work out/ healthy eating wagon..... My go- to healthy meal is always a red lentil Dahl..... Very cheap, very easy, no guilt! Melissa

    ReplyDelete