Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wicka Wicka Wednesday

Happy Hump Day, y'all!

Today started with an Almond Joy smoothie, but I was in too big a rush (and too hungry) and completely forgot to take a picture.  Again, you've seen it before: it looks like a big ol' glass of chocolate milk - nothing extraordinary.

Thankfully, it kept me full a lot longer than a glass of chocolate milk.  Because I was being so productive (and stressed) this morning, I didn't eat until about noon - and had an apple.  About an hour later, I finally ate lunch: leftover scallops and pasta.  Again, it was not my favorite meal.  It was entirely too "fishy" for my taste, and it was much blander than expected.  My mom (let me reiterate: the best cook I know) suggested using sea scallops instead of bay scallops, but I sincerely doubt I'll be making this one again.

It's super frustrating having a recipe fail after so, so many have gone so, so well.

Oh well.

During my meeting this afternoon, I had one mini Three Musketeers and one mini Snickers, both of which MB (hey, girl!) threw at me.  If someone throws you food, you just have to eat it - right?

Right.

Sadly, I skipped my workout for today.  Again.  I had Y-Pump on the schedule, but my dear and wonderful bowling friends invited me out to dinner beforehand, so I just didn't have time.  One of the guys had a gift certificate to use up, so we headed to Cooper's on Fifth in Historic Valley Junction.  I guzzled several glasses of water and inhaled the maple-glazed salmon:


Seriously: I ate everything on this plate, aside from the bread and butter.  I tried to opt for something healthy (i.e. salmon and vegetables), but I know that the maple glaze likely had loads of sugar, and I think that the beans were doused in oil or butter or some other cooking agent.  And, I ate that ball of rice.

And I was still hungry.

Clarification: I am still hungry, four hours later.

I was really tempted to hit up Dairy Queen on the way home from bowling this evening (what is with my ice cream cravings lately?!), but believe I will instead head to the kitchen and scrounge up something small to tide me over 'til morning; otherwise, I'll be up in the middle of the night scrounging for food.

Ugh.

Tomorrow: I WILL WORKOUT.  But it will probably be something pretty darn easy.  And by "easy," I really mean something killer like CrossFit, or maybe a spin class, or maybe Y-Pump.  Something that doesn't include running.  My foot is still a wreck, and it's really starting to tick me off.

For now, though, I'm going to go scavenge and then crash: I am pooped.

G'night, y'all!

1 comment: