Tuesday, January 25, 2011

You Spin Me Right 'Round

Guess who made the 5:00 a.m. spinning class?  This girl!!!  And like last night, it was killer - and yet not as bad as I thought.  I woke up at 4:40 pretty darn tired, even though I was zonked by 10:00 last night.  However, I woke up pretty quickly; going with BFF helped a lot.  And interestingly, during the entire spinning class, I kept thinking, "Wow!  I'm hungry!  I wonder what I should make for breakfast..."  It's hard for me to eat before morning workouts for fear of throwing up, and clearly my body was telling me that that was a bad decision this morning!  I was STARVING.

When I came home, I made Angela's Apple Pie Oatmeal.  She's not kidding when she says it's like dessert for breakfast.  And it made A TON.  I ate half of it at home and then brought the other half to school for my morning snack.


For lunch, I ate pasta dish L#1 (leftover number one) of three, but I forgot to take a picture before I inhaled it.  I also polished off the other half a bag of carrot chips throughout the day.  I'm pretty sure one of these days I'll be turning orange...

After school, I was famished.  On "White" days my lunch is from 10:40-11:20, so by the time 3:00 rolls around, my tummy is a-rumblin'.  So while helping students, I downed a pomegranate Chobani and two string cheeses.


Shortly thereafter, I got my hair did.  I am horrible with hair appointments - like, once-every-six-months horrible.  I was so excited for today!  Courtney - at Blush Salon off of Hickman - is amazing.  She trimmed probably half an inch off the bottom, made the layers a little neater, highlighted my hair with really pretty butterscotch and platinum colors (very close to my natural highlights), and...gave me bangs! I have bangs!  Don't worry: pictures will come soon.

I had to run some quick errands after the hair appointment, and because I thought I was going to be late for trivia, grabbed Jimmy John's.  I was totally not going to eat out at all this week, but I was starving, had absolutely no time for anything, and thought this would be best.  So, I ordered a #12 without mayonnaise.  Basically, it's a turkey sandwich with sprouts, tomatoes, avocados, and lettuce.  It's really, really good, and shockingly not too unhealthy.


Interestingly, I was driving home from the Super T (and Jimmy John's) and passed the exit for the gym.  I thought to myself, I should have worked out after my hair appointment...my errands could've waited another day.  I completely forgot that I had already worked out today!  How funny is that?!

Turns out, we didn't even go to trivia tonight.  I could've come home and cooked a much better meal than a Jimmy John's sub, but oh well.  Instead of trivia, I came home and whipped up a batch of Angela's healthy tropical breakfast bars.  I followed the recipe to a T, but I don't think mine turned out as amazing as hers did; they seem to be falling apart a little...  I'm hoping they just need to chill overnight or something.




Notice the corner one missing...oops.

My BFF thought the bars sounded disgusting, but they are actually very, very good.  And for under 150 calories each, you can't beat 'em!  The "yummies" are oats, cranberries, pistachios, and coconut.  Yum.

And now, I'm off to bed.  I'm wiped.

Today's grand total:

Calories: 1,620
Fat: 41.5 grams
Carbs: 225 grams
Protein: 90 grams

Exercise: 800 calories burned
Water: 60 ounces

No comments:

Post a Comment