Monday, January 24, 2011

A Vengeance?

Is that what I said?  I think I actually meant that I'd be back in two weeks.  Oops.

Today I'll give you a brief run-down of the day and then fill you in on what I've been doing the past couple of weeks!

First, I had a delicious shake this morning for breakfast:


Do you see how thick that is?!  I couldn't even drink it with my usual straw; I had to opt for the spoon today.  In the mix: one cup UVAB, one cup frozen fruit (papaya, mango, banana, pineapple), one tablespoon chia seeds, one scoop protein powder.  It was absolutely decadent - a true dessert!

For a midmorning snack, I scarfed down nearly half a bag of carrot chips and two pieces of string cheese.  I know that carrot chips are the exact same thing as baby carrots, just in a different form, but they taste so much better!  I swear I'm really a five-year-old at heart!  :)

My lunch was one of my new favorites:


These soups are SO GOOD.  Today's was the Mexican-Style Chicken Tortilla soup, gulped down while working.  That is something I really need to remedy: I work too much while I eat.  I know it's much healthier to keep work at the desk and lunch at the table, but sometimes it's really hard!

My afternoon snack was supposed to be an apple or an Odawalla bar, but I just wasn't feelin' that.  So, I hurried home for this:


I lightly toasted a 100-calorie bread, slathered it with two tablespoons of almond butter, and topped it with a sliced banana.  It was so filling and the perfect amount of energy for my evening workout of spinning and abs/back.  Considering I'm still sore from yoga yesterday, it was just about all I could handle!

Dinner was a new creation:


I cooked up some sun-dried tomato chicken sausage in olive oil and garlic, sauteed some spinach and tomatoes (cherry and Roma) in the same pan, threw in some whole-grain Rotini, and topped with some goat cheese.  Because I always feel the need for garlic bread with pasta (how unhealthy, I know!), I lightly toasted another 100-calorie bun, sprayed on some I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, and sprinkled on some garlic powder.  It was PERFECT.

And now I'm totally ready for bed - which is good because I'm hopefully going to wake up early for a 5:00 a.m. spinning class - or, depending on how my butt's feeling, just some general cardio.  :)

But on another note, here's what I've been doing for the past week:



Yep.  That pretty much covers it.  I'm obsessed.  I cannot believe it's taken me this long to watch (and love) True Blood.  Wow.  If you haven't watched it yet, start now.

I also watched a few other movies:



I don't have any pictures to prove it, but I went to a friend's dinner party on Friday, and it was so much fun.  She cooked a vegetarian lasagna foccacia na and bread (whole wheat and regular), and served it with a salad.  She also made a tiramisu for dessert that was to die for.  (I'm certainly a bit jealous because my tiramisu was an epic fail!)  It was a great dinner with even better company!

Then on Saturday, my friend and I went to lunch/dinner (linnerdunch?) at Fong's.  While we are sushi buddies, and while he eats everything I put in front of him, we could not for the life of us decide on a pizza.  I wanted crab rangoon pizza or anything Asian-inspired, and he wanted something topped with every kind of meat known to man.  Naturally, I won, and we ordered the Thai Chicken.



And this is where the diet really went downhill this time around.  BFF and I made this cake for one of our good friends - and of course I had to sample it.  And of course it was delicious.




Last night BFF and I and a few girl friends went to a benefit concert for a local musician who was just diagnosed with lymphoma.  It was a great concert for such a wonderful cause.




Oh yeah: and we were VIP because our other friend bought a booth.  That's just how we roll.  :)



I just love this sticker my mama bought me and thought I'd share it with you!  Help me decide where to display it!!!  (Please disregard the cat paw.)


And...that's about it.

Today's grand total:

Calories: 1,412
Fat: 42.5 grams
Carbs: 194 grams
Protein: 79 grams

Exercise: 1,140 calories burned (holy moly!!!)
Water: definitely not enough...only 32 ounces!  I'm in trouble.

See you tomorrow!  Cross your fingers I can wake up at 4:45 a.m.!

No comments:

Post a Comment