Friday, January 7, 2011

Fun Food Day!

Before I go any further, I have to tell you that I woke up hungry in the middle of the night and ate two graham crackers, so please add on the following to yesterday's grand total: 130 calories, 3 fat grams, 24 carbs grams, and 2 protein grams.

Okay, now that my confessional is over:

The post title says it all: other than the "fun food," today was relatively uneventful - which is oftentimes, like now, very much needed.  I think the most eventful part of my day was when I lost my nose ring.  However, I'm not sure exactly when that happened because if I did, it wouldn't be lost.  Please tell me: how do you lose something that is screwed into your nose?  Apparently I can find a way.

Nothing big happened at school: a major essay was due, so I was "yelling" at kids all day to get it done, one of my friends doesn't know when to say when and ticked me off - pretty much the usual!  Uneventful.

I talked a little more today with my colleagues about the school shooting.  Interestingly, as I was just wasting time on Facebook, I came across this beautiful video and thought I'd share it with you:

I thought it was an absolutely beautiful video that really showcased what kind of school Millard South is.  Like I said two days ago, it is a good school, it is a strong school.  I was also touched by the photos on my friends' pages of the other Millard schools (North and West) wearing all red today:


The outpouring of support from friends and community has been tremendous.

I promise I will be done talking about it soon.  I promise.  Soon.

Breakfast today was the usual, a protein shake.  I bought some spinach, though, so today's shake was a Green Monster:


I promise it's way more appetizing than it looks!  Today's Green Monster included one banana, one cup UVAB, one scoop of vanilla protein powder, a big handful of spinach, one-fourth cup of blackberries, and a drizzle of agave nectar.

While I made two giant salads last night - one of which I brought to school for lunch today - I had forgotten that I promised three students Jimmy John's.  You see, when I was forced to move my entire classroom in one day, I was a little scattered and, to put it mildly, freaking out.  Three of my rock-star students, though, volunteered to help, and they did a phenomenal job.  While they could've been hanging out with their friends, goofing off, whatever, they carted around bazillions of my textbooks, dusted the disgustingly dirty furniture, organized my millions of classroom treasures, and kept me sane.  One of the students even spent her lunch period working in my room.  Anyway, long story short: I had a sandwich, too.

And because we were playing final review games all day (with the prizes being candy), I allowed myself two mini chocolates: Mr. Goodbar and Krackle.

My workout today was pretty easy: I did both arm and leg weights (I'm going to be sore tomorrow!), ten minutes of warmup cardio on the treadmill, and 20 minutes on the bike.  Most of my treadmill time was a brisk walk, but I did incorporate a couple minutes of running.  Before I sprained my ankle, I was kind of on a running-kick, and I want to get back to that.  But, I know I need to take it slowly - and be smart about it.

After my workout, I ate two hard-boiled eggs, took a shower, and then ate my apple.  While I didn't take a picture today, just reference the last week's worth of photos to get the idea.  :)

Dinner tonight was out on the town!  One of my good friends and I grabbed sushi at my favorite place in Des Moines: Sakari.  As usual, it was delicious.  We both ordered a squid salad to start and then shared the Godzilla, Firecracker, and Alaskan rolls.  I had two giant glasses of water and a vodka-tonic as well - oh, and the two saki bombs the sushi chefs bought for us (perks of sitting at the sushi bar!).

While we probably could've chosen healthier rolls - I'm sure the specialty ones are never the best option - and I probably could've gone without booze, I think everything in moderation is just fine.  I felt the perfect amount of "fullness" after dinner, and an hour or so later, I'm feeling tiny twinges of being hungry again, so I think we did well on not gorging ourselves.  And especially after the lack of calories consumed the last couple of days, I think I was entitled to one good meal.  :)

Today's grand total (without including sushi because that's nearly impossible for me to calculate at this point):

Calories: 1232
Fat: 24 grams
Carbs: 134 grams
Protein: 72.5 grams

Water: 64 ounces (approximate)
Exercise: 350 calories burned

No comments:

Post a Comment