Sunday, October 31, 2010

This Time It's FOR REAL

First and foremost, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!  It's my personal favorite holiday (aside from Christmas with the fam), so I usually go all out.  This year I was a witch, which isn't the most creative idea per se, but I did make it myself.

Note: flats are the only shoes that work with a sprained ankle.  Ugh.  I'm sick of being short.

Friday night was spent at the Court Avenue street party - followed by after hours at my house.  I'm not sure why I ever think after hours is a good idea, but for some reason, it happens more often than not.

My sister (Mustafa) and me
After a day spent cheering at a soccer tournament, lying on the couch, and eating greasy food, I was ready for another night of fun.  This time we hung out on Ingersoll: Star Bar for a bestie's son's performance, Zimm's for a nightcap.  Thankfully, there were no after-hours to be had!

BFF and me
Today was also spent being a waste of space - and it was glorious.  I love lounging on the couch and watching an endless Law and Order: SVU marathon.

My TV-viewing was interrupted, however, to go to a visitation.  My athletic director's wife passed away this week after a two-year battle with ovarian cancer.  I always think I'm going to be tough and not cry at things like this, but it never happens; I was a basket-case, as usual.  I went with my colleague, and when we went through the line, our AD (also a kind of fatherly-type person) talked to us about the importance of listening to our bodies and doing what we think is right for them.  He started tearing up, and that's when I really lost it.  So, so sad.

In other news, I realize I have completely failed a few of my goals.  (I have stuck with one, though: reading one book a month.)  However, my blogging over the last couple of weeks has been less-than-amazing, my dieting has been relatively non-existent, my exercising has took a turn for the worse since my ankle sprain, and my partying has been increased a little too much.  I have absolutely no excuses as to why I am sucking so horribly, but I do know that it can't go on any longer: I need to get my motivation back.

This time I'm for real.

Obviously my exercising will not be where it should, but my ankle is absolutely horrible.  The swelling in my foot has started to go down a little bit, but it's still massive around my heel and ankle bone.  It hurts like you wouldn't believe.  Walking is difficult, and I can't imagine running, biking, or kicking a soccer ball.  Honestly, I can't even imagine swimming, an exercise with zero impact.  I think I'll probably get a six-pack and sweet arm muscles, though, since that's all the working out I'll be able to do!  I am going to call a physical therapist tomorrow because I need to start doing something.

Anyway, I apologize for my absence, and know that I am serious about restarting my motivation!  I'll see you tomorrow with details of healthy-eating!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment