Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Serious Post

Later tonight I will blog about the weekend, but right now I want/need to write about something sad: death.  I feel like lately life has proven to be so fragile.  This summer, one of my friends from high school passed away unexpectedly, and I had a really hard time accepting that.  Although we hadn't spoken in awhile, Jenny and I were good friends through our church choir, and she is my first friend who has died.  It just isn't fair to lose someone so young, so beautiful, so full of life.

Last week, a woman who I know through school and social justice advocacy was hit by a car as she and her son were walking across the street.  She spent several days in the neurological ICU - on a respirator with little to no brain activity.  I received word today that she passed away.  Chenita was always so amazing to work with - honestly, she is one of the most genuinely nice, happy, and cheerful people I have ever met - and I am so thankful that I knew her.

Today I finished reading The Time Traveler's Wife, and it gave me kind of a new perspective on life and death: what if time isn't as linear as we think it is?  What if when people pass on, they can still be with us, still watch over us, still interact with us?  Maybe this is possible through time-travel.  Maybe it's possible through nature and the wind.  Maybe it's possible through reincarnation.  Maybe it's possible through heaven and angels.

I just have to believe it's possible.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment