Thursday, October 7, 2010

Need: Motivation

Yep.  I skipped again.  Twice.

On Tuesday, I was just absolutely beat.  I went to school, worked our after-school Ninth Block program, worked out in the weight room (Elliptical From Hell for 30 minutes and then arm weights for about 20), went straight to soccer practice, and then headed to trivia.  By the time I got home around 10:30, I was absolutely wiped and decided bed was a better idea than blogging.

I was so sleepy, in fact, that on Wednesday morning, I woke up at 6:20, decided my hair still looked decent from showering before trivia the night before, and went back to bed until 6:45.  It was awesome.

Yesterday was another busy day: I woke up (late, obv!), had a half day of school, gave two separate presentations to the staff, and then came home to relax before cooking dinner for me and BFF.

I did get the good news that the student about whom I was so worried (open enrollment, etc) is going to be able to stay at my school - yay!!!  And then my excitement was brought down quite a few notches when a close colleague of mine told me that I was stereotyping the other school district by saying they would not do as wonderful a job as us in serving this child.  It really, really hurt my feelings that I was criticized for doing what I thought was the right thing.  It also hurt me because my colleague did not ask for the whole story - when I emailed my principal, I expressed that I was certain the other district was great but that I feared it would be too big for this particular student at this point in the school year, especially due to all of the services we were already providing and the connections we had already made.


I know I'm super sensitive, especially right now, but...I was am really upset about it.


After that downer (and because I worked out like crazy the day before), I went home and chilled for a bit prior to cooking dinner:




I made a Cooking Light recipe: Baked Pasta with Spicy Turkey Sausage.  I also roasted some fresh green beans with garlic, spices, and olive oil.  BFF came over after her class got out, and we enjoyed some DELICIOUS dinner.  Honestly, it was one of the best things I've cooked in awhile!  It was amazing comfort food, yet it was somehow decently healthy!  What gives?!  And can you believe that picture is just one serving?!


That dinner, time with the BFF, and a nice glass of wine was just what the doctor ordered after kind of a rough day.

During the middle of the night, I woke up several times, which was obviously super annoying.  Finally I took three Advil around 3:30 because my stomach hurt so bad.  (Lady issues, boys.  You wouldn't understand.)  Perhaps that's what I was overly emotional yesterday - although I'm still annoyed by the comment - and maybe that's why I'm tearing up at Project Runway now.

Hot mess.

Today, school was also kind of a disaster.  Several classes throughout the district are mandated to give benchmark tests every six weeks; my class was one of them, and today was the first of those tests.  The test was supposed to be very basic, lasting about 20 minutes or so.  Um...yeah right.  The first reading passage was three-and-a-half pages, and the second was two pages.  There were 15 multiple choice questions total and two short answer questions.  My students struggled hugely; with such low reading levels, those passages and so few questions took nearly the entire 90 minutes.  I am nervous that I am going to be evaluated - and that my students are going to be assessed - on these questions.  Should be interesting...

I came home after working Ninth Block and have been completely lazy since.  I even took a short 30-minute nap.  Other than that, I ate dinner and watched way too many hours of Project Runway.  I didn't workout yesterday, so I really should've gone today, but I am just SO...UNMOTIVATED.

I don't know what to do with myself!  I'm hoping this funk is just going to last these two days (boys, again: it's a girl thing).  I mean, I have goals to reach!

Plus, it's been absolutely gorgeous the last few days, and I know I shouldn't waste it.  I hate winter: the snow, the ice, the gray skies, everything.  I need to get outside and take advantage of the sun, the bright blue sky, the awesome temperatures.  I. NEED TO. BADLY

Also preventing me from reaching those aforementioned goals: buying meringues at the store.  OMG.  Bad news.  I thought they were a good treat because it's only 120 calories for four cookies, but it's not so great when you eat the entire package.  Never again.

Ugh.

Someone please find me motivation to get my butt in gear.  I need it.  Desperately.

No comments:

Post a Comment