Thursday, May 30, 2013

Sunflower Seed-Crusted Tilapia

It's been a while since I've shared a recipe on the blog.  I've made some really delicious meals lately, but  for some reason I cannot remember to photograph the process.  Today, though, I remembered.  You're welcome.

On the menu this evening was a recipe inspired by Cooking Light: Sunflower Seed-Crusted Tilapia.  When I was searching for a fish recipe for the tilapia we had in our freezer, I came across the five-ingredient seafood section of Cooking Light's website.  This particular recipe looked like it was super easy and would take no time at all, and due to my laziness crazy-busy schedule, I deemed it perfect for a Thursday night.

(Truth be told, this particular dish has been on the menu the last three weeks.  It has just gotten put on the back burner when we've gone out to dinner or been in the mood for something else.  Now, though, I think it'll be moved to part of the rotation.  It's yummy.)

Here's what you'll need:


Ingredients:

  • Two filets of fish (Cooking Light called for orange roughy, but I used tilapia since a.) I couldn't find OR and b.) we had some in the freezer)
  • Lemon zest
  • Black pepper
  • Egg whites
  • Italian-seasoned panko
  • Sunflower seed kernels
First, whisk the egg whites, black pepper, and lemon zest together in a bowl that will eventually be big enough to hold the fish.

Then, mix the panko and the sunflower seeds on a medium-sized plate or in a shallow dish.



Then, dredge the fish in the egg-white mixture and cover with the dry rub.  Place the fish filets on a wire rack for ten minutes (and cut up the Brussels sprouts for your side dish).


Coat a baking sheet (that has been warming up in the preheating oven) with cooking spray (and line with foil if you're lazy and hate doing dishes) and plop the fish on there to cook for ten minutes.



Let cool so that you don't burn the roof of your mouth when you're shoving the food in as fast as possible and enjoy!


Like I said, we loved this dish and will likely be making it again in the very near future.  Hope you like it, too!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all this, I see you work hard on giving us actual relevant information.
    Purelife Tilapia

    ReplyDelete