Friday, July 15, 2011

Toes

I'm going to again reference my new favorite funny girl, Dawn Dais, and her book, The Nonrunner's Marathon Guide for Women.  I promise: as soon as y'all read this book and laugh as much as I did, I will shut up about how amazing it is.  But until then, you're stuck with hearing about it every other day.


In the book she talks about the physical disgustingness of running a marathon, which of course includes toenails turning black and falling off.  So far I haven't had issue with that (THANK GOD), as I have cut the nails down to pretty much nothing.  However, I have had major problems with the bottoms of my feet.  Like, ridiculous problems.  The calluses are absolutely insane, and the peeling, shredded skin is super attractive.

It's so weird that I'm single.

But I digress.

I don't want to get a pedicure for two reasons.  First, I know I need the calluses for running; if they were sloughed off, I would have raw feet that would not be able to withstand long miles.  Second, I'm not about to pay $30 for pretty toes when I know they will be back to disgusting within a day or two.

So, I gave myself a paint job and am praying that no one sees the bottom of my feet.  Ever.


Side note: check out how poofy my ankle still is - from the sprain that happened nine months ago.  Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment